Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duane HTP

Taylorman
    Hope those tornado's were no where near you?

Duane HTP
    They were on all sides of us at one time or another. Pretty scary weather. I've seen many tornados, but never like this one before. It leveled the whole town., Here's a link to see the pictures
    http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/...ornadoaerials/
    Makes me glad I'm moving the HTP shop to MO in June. My shop here in Goddard got completely wiped out by one in 1991.

atxwrangler
    wow!that was a town???? glad you weren't affected duane!

it's very sad, I'm glad you're okay Duane ... heartfelt prayers go out to the people and/or friends/family of those in Greensburg ...

DaveA
    They were on all sides of us at one time or another. Pretty scary weather. I've seen many tornados, but never like this one before. It leveled the whole town., Here's a link to see the pictures
    http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/...ornadoaerials/
    Makes me glad I'm moving the HTP shop to MO in June. My shop here in Goddard got completely wiped out by one in 1991.
    April 19, 1991, right? Or was it the later one? I Will Never Forget It... I lived in Andover at the time...and my neighbor owned the Golden Spur trailer park that got wiped out- 245 units. That monster missed the house by 800 yards or so. That's the event that caused my wife to ask wtf were we living there for, and it was time to go back to NC. I started job hunting.
    Three weeks later, our Sunday copy of the Charlotte Observer arrived in the mail. On the front page was a color photo of a twister and the headline, "Tornado Touches Down in Lake Norman Area". "Uh, so you sure you wanna go back??"
    Where in MO are you going?
    DaveA

Duane HTP
    We are moving the Hi-Tech Business to a new facality on the north edge of Shell Knob, MO. It will be only four miles from my lake home there. All of my crew here in Goddard are going too. The shop will be only 1.3 miles from the water. We have had a very good experience here in Kansas, but are anxious to get away from all of the wind.
    Here is a map of our new location.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...273dc62dd8e377

thatguy
    My God. Those are some sobering pictures. The news really did not show it like that. Sweet Jesus. Total destruction. I will never complain about hardship again.
    Tommy
    PS- How can we help? They need everything.

jetboat
    everyone,count your blessings,you never know when this or earthquake or flood will happen.

IMPATIENT 1
    well it looks like these storms sent my impellor to oz. i sent my new balanced atj impellor to duane couple wks back to be cut down and he shipped it out last thurs., and it never left wichita kansas i tracked it and it left duane, went to wichita and disapeared from the face of the earth from what fedex is telling me. :sqeyes:
    if any of you kansas ***boaters see the tinman,lion, dorothy etc., ask them wtf did they do with my impellor and overhaul kit bet the tinman has it hanging from his neck like bling:idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    If you take the pictures of Greensburg there, and scatter the debris accross the roads too, that's what it looked like Sun AM before the DOT crews used loaders and road sweepers on them, in between hail, rain, and another tornado about noon.
    I was there watching it all get swept up.
    Those pix look like Monday as property owners were finally let in to dig in what remains of their homes.
    SAR found 1 burried survivor Monday, and a family of 4 Tuesday, in their basement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast