Thread: Converting a jet to v drive

Blown 472
    I know I asked this before but a few brain cells later that and seeing flatties v drive got me thinking agian. Other than glassing the holes shut, is there someplace I could find info on rigging, engine placement ect??

Sangster
    The bottoms on a jet hull are different..Also the cost of all the hardware needed for the conversion will knock you out of the ballpark..Sell what you got & buy one thats already setup...You'll $$$$ ahead...

TX Daytona
    I just happen to have a nice v-drive for sale, minus engine. 19 Ft. Daytona mini-daycruiser
    It had a 440 Chrysler in it with torque-flite
    trans. I have everything but the engine and trans shifter. If your interested call or e-mail me and I'll e-mail pic's.
    Jerry 903-560-9233
    jerry@jwbowman.com

GofastRacer
    Blown 472:
    I know I asked this before but a few brain cells later that and seeing flatties v drive got me thinking agian. Other than glassing the holes shut, is there someplace I could find info on rigging, engine placement ect?? What kind of hull are you talking about??. Was this particular hull ever built as a v-drive before?? (like the Schiada 19) If not then you're loking at a trial and error deal here, all you can do is take a logical guess and go from there and hope that the hardware ends up in the right place and that the bottom is right. This could be an extensive project, it could be fun too!. Be prepared to spend MONEY though!.. eek!