Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Njba

I heard that the sandbagging rule has been dropped!!!! Does this mean that NJBA could go to one second intervals for classes???? Now we need is IHBA/NJBA DIV 1 races!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that the sandbagging rule has been dropped!!!! Does this mean that NJBA could go to one second intervals for classes???? Now we need is IHBA/NJBA DIV 1 races!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've actually spoken to Charlie about hosting a division 1 race ... he has yet to call me back ... but NJBA will keep it's 1/2 second brackets.

Man BUSBY that would be BBBIIIITTTTCCC****EEEENNNN if you guys could work it out. Sure in the hell would beat making the trip to Oregon (no offense)!!!!

we spoke about it at length at the World Finals ... traded contact information ... I called him afterwards ... spoke to our board ... called him again ... awaiting his response ...
    I'll keep you posted.

Bobbo541
    Hey Brian can we run quicker than a 10th of a second of our bracket in qualifing and run the bracket we want with sandbaging rule gone.

Busby how would you work it then running a co-sanctioned events with your current set-up, 8.50 and so on??
    Bobbo541, I know I'm not the answer but usually you have to declare a class (after last session of qualifing) regardless and then if you change class or broke out during all qualifing sessions you are considered slow boat. I know of a gentleman than ran as quick as a 8.40 and still attempted to run TE (9.00). Takes a lot of work to shave that much time!!!!

Bobbo541
    with the njba if run quicker than a 10th for your bracket in qualifing you are put in the next quickest bracket i know of this because it has happened to me the last 3 years.

77charger
    with the njba if run quicker than a 10th for your bracket in qualifing you are put in the next quickest bracket i know of this because it has happened to me the last 3 years.
    even with the sandbagging coming to an end this rule will still stand.Run a 10th faster welcome to he next fastest bracket.
    I asked about this for this year cause it will effect me.I am setting up to run 8.0 for ihba and i know at first it will be faster than that til we slow it down

That's different. So in reality the sandbagging rule still exist!! Like I asked before, how would NJBA's current set-up allow for an IHBA race??

77charger
    That's different. So in reality the sandbagging rule still exist!! Like I asked before, how would NJBA's current set-up allow for an IHBA race??
    Kinda in a way but if you were to let off the gas in qualifying that will be allowed which was considered sandbagging before.
    For some reason when i raced the 9.50 bracket in 03(last race of season good air)My motor didnt sound like it was getting full throttle from the rope(seemed to be down couple hundred rpm) or i might have stayed on the plate too long or maybe a combo of both.but it went 9.49 and 9.46 so i had to declare into 9.50 normally it went in the low .50s during normal summer air
    Guess now i can let off the gas mid track vs not giving it full throttle.Cause if you never hit full throttle they cant say you never let off
    OOPS did i say that must be the beeers talikin :rollside: :yuk:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast