Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Njba

Bobbo541
    if the sandbaging rule is gone than so should anything that goes with that rule be gone. getting out of the gas in qualifing wont let you dial your boat to the number you want to run , and we wont be able to have an event with any other organization.

Remember ... We still have the 1/2 second brackets ... until the NJBA members vote to get rid of them ... we will have to have some sort of qualifying ...
    With whole second brackets, there is a larger room for breakout ... with the 1/2 second brackets ... there is only a breakout of .10 ... that is until the membership makes a suggestion to move to whole second brackets ...
    Please remember that NJBA is a club and the members must make the suggestions and then vote on them ... the majority rules ...
    Please PM me with any questions ...
    Brian

Brain, are you saying that there is still a .10 margin of breakout in Qualifying?
    If so, doesnt that wipe out the whole point of the sandbagging rule? The idea is for people to be able to declare into a class. If somebody runs 8.39 in qualifying and wants to run the 8.50 class he is forced to run the 8.0 class? There should be no margin or percentage of breakout in qualifying and definitely not in eliminations. But now FINALLY you have done away with sandbagging and you have negated it by the margin of breakout thing in Qualifying. Sorry to be a pest but by allowing sandbagging, it should have done away with the qualifying rules. If somebody declares into a slower class than what they qualified, they are inserted and bracketed with their time. It will be lower than the slowest qualifying time within the class.
    i.e. if you have 4 boats in the class (lets say the 8.0 -8.50)
    boat A runs 8.01
    boat B runs 7.88
    boat C runs 8.10
    Boat D runs 7.99
    The order of qualifying would be A C D B. The should be no breakout rule in qualifying.
    Tony

Brain, are you saying that there is still a .10 margin of breakout in Qualifying?
    If so, doesnt that wipe out the whole point of the sandbagging rule? The idea is for people to be able to declare into a class. If somebody runs 8.39 in qualifying and wants to run the 8.50 class he is forced to run the 8.0 class? There should be no margin or percentage of breakout in qualifying and definitely not in eliminations. But now FINALLY you have done away with sandbagging and you have negated it by the margin of breakout thing in Qualifying. Sorry to be a pest but by allowing sandbagging, it should have done away with the qualifying rules. If somebody declares into a slower class than what they qualified, they are inserted and bracketed with their time. It will be lower than the slowest qualifying time within the class.
    i.e. if you have 4 boats in the class (lets say the 8.0 -8.50)
    boat A runs 8.01
    boat B runs 7.88
    boat C runs 8.10
    Boat D runs 7.99
    The order of qualifying would be A C D B. The should be no breakout rule in qualifying.
    Tony
    I agree ... there should be no breakout rule ... we debated it at length during the rules meeting and the past 3 meetings ... I am fighting to rid the club of ALL rules that apply to Sandbagging ... but I am only one voice ... members need to attend or write in to support the issue ...
    But as it stands right now, there is a margin for breakout ... that is why I've stated that the memebrs need to voice what they want to the board. And the rule changes are once a year ... during the September rules meeting ...
    But hey ... at least we can lift now :boxed:

One change at a time Brian. Tru Dat about lifting. Good luck on the Fegan deal. That would be GIHUGIC!!

yup ... one battle at a time ... it's all about more boats ... and more fun ...

Sanger D
    congrats on your victory vince!!!!! well diserved quite the occomplishment!!!!!

Hey Busby I now that when we went to Oregon this year, it was one of the largest boat counts due to having two organizations and that they treat well up there (just like MF), I really believe that it would help NJBA. I'm not a member currently but if I could were do I voice my concern??
    Bobbo541 you said it best. Organizations nnnneeeedddd to come together and adopt similar rules so they can host each other events!!!!
    Thanks, Sanger D. We'll have to run some hot laps this winter!!!!!

Bobbo541
    Stix818 congrats on your championship this year. I run a 9 sec. canyon and I want to run some IHBA events next year also.It would be nice to meet you next year. Happy Holidays to all.

I'm working on it as I said ... I know when Charlie found out that I was there and asked me up to the tower to talk about it ... that there was promise ... I have also spoken to a few CDBA racers ... who are interested in doing something with us as well ...
    Shoot, us boat racers are a dying breed ... we need to stick together ... not be divided ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast