Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 454 on Juice

Tresguey
    I am rebuilding my 454 and want to set up a 150 - 175 shot of Juice. i know i need to at least go with Forged pistons. what other parts should i uprgrade? It allready has a complete roller setup. i guess my question is, should i use a different crank and rods? or is the stock stuff ok for that small amount of N2O?

Lots of good stuff here in the FAQ section of Nitrous Direct's pages.
    There are also instruction pages to look over. This information is general and although all the companies seem to have different jettings for their stuff, the basic concept is pretty much the same for the plate systems, and this'll give ya a fairly good idea of the do's and don'ts etc...
    Basically a stock motor will handle 100-150 pretty easily. Mods would be required after that. Since you're building your motor with nitrous in mind, you could gap the rings a bit more (contact the manufacturer for specs) and I'd use forged pistons. That would put you in good shape for up to 200 hp.
    If you intend to run 150 or more you'd need some kind of nitrous controls. A means of controlling the ignition timing in particular. You'd probably be looking at running fuels of 100 octane or better if you intend to run in excess of 150 hp too.
    FAQ (http://www.nitrousdirect.com/faq.html)
    Nitrous Direct pages (http://www.nitrousdirect.com/)
    Here's the Holley (Nos) FAQ page. Basically a rehash of the previous.
    Nos FAQ (http://www.holley.com/TechService/FAQ.asp?category=NOS)
    Oh yeah, wsuwrhr makes a very nice bottle mount...........sheeesh what was I thinking?

Statue
    You better think about more then a 150 shot if you want to keep up with my whacker!!!

GUGS102
    Just got this months issue, big article on N20 uses for jet applications, I too and thinking about adding the silly gas.
    Gugs

HBjet
    I ran a guy at Lost Lake that had a stock 454 with a 300 shot of Nitrous. I still spanked him, but it was fast.... He knew it wouldn't hold up too... it was a back up motor I believe he intended to kill.... haha!
    HBjet

Tresguey
    I really want to put a blower on it. but at this time funds are a little short so Juice is good enough for now. Maybe next year will be the year for the blower......I just want to have a small shot for that little extra kick once in a while.
    Hey Statue, I told you to strap that 235 Whacka on the charger and I would race you with no juice for pinks!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    What kind of #s are you putting up now, how fast ???

Tresguey
    Honestly I dont know what my numbers were last year. i had no GPS.....but this year i will. all i know is that no lake lice could keep up....but thats not saying much.

TIMINATOR
    Call me during business hr. and I'll get you pointed in the right direction. I also have a lot of nitrous stuff for sale used. Been running the gas for 20+ years and have a bit of insight. TIMINATOR 623-877-8553

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast