Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best AMPS

justchillin
    hi all,
    I am just trying to find out what kind of amps everyone is running. I have to mount it in the engine compartment so I am trying to find the best amps for heat resistance. Thanks for any advise.

AZJD
    hi all,
    I am just trying to find out what kind of amps everyone is running. I have to mount it in the engine compartment so I am trying to find the best amps for heat resistance. Thanks for any advise.
    I run Performance Teknique in 100+ temps here and I am not nice to them. I have yet to have them cut out or shut off on me.

STV_Keith
    Haven't had mine all through the summer yet, but it's a fairly cheap Hifonics Zeus amp. Dollar for power is good though. Works great so far. 170w x 4 @ 2 ohm for $190 delivered.

justchillin
    I run Performance Teknique in 100+ temps here and I am not nice to them. I have yet to have them cut out or shut off on me.
    Thanks I see you live in AZ. I live in prescott and usually end up in humbug on the weekends. I had a PPI pc4100 go up in smoke last sunday. What lake do you go to?

ATLAS
    hi all,
    alpine pdx amps are one of the top amps i have used

Run_em_Hard
    I am a big fan of audiobahn. I have a 600w in my engine compartment and has been there for about 3-4 trouble free years. Also have ran thier 900w in the past in my old trucks with good luck.

AZJD
    Thanks I see you live in AZ. I live in prescott and usually end up in humbug on the weekends. I had a PPI pc4100 go up in smoke last sunday. What lake do you go to?
    We go to pleasant every weekend. We will be there tommorow.

justchillin
    We go to pleasant every weekend. We will be there tommorow.
    Cool not too sure if we are going this weekend due to a vacation coming up in two weeks and need to save some money. We just bought a new boat in OCT. and have been having a great time hanging out in humbug. We have a 21' Bayliner not great but it works. Will have to hook up sometime maybe tomorrow if we decide to go but not sure. I will have to convince the wife LOL.

riverbound
    McIntosh
    Why woud you put them in the engine compartment??
    If you really have to put them there, then buy cheap amps, because you will be replacing them often

justchillin
    I dont have any room for them besides the engine compartment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast