Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale Earnhardt Jr going to RCR #33

Bow Tie Omega
    Multiple reports late tonight are stating that a deal is done for Jr to go to Richard Childress Racing where he will be driving the #33. Here is one of them
    After announcing Thursday that he would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the year, Dale Earnhardt Jr. could announce Friday that he will join Richard Childress Racing in 2008, according to FOX8 WGHP in Greensboro/High Point, N.C.
    Childress has scheduled a news conference Friday at Darlington Raceway, site of the Nextel Cup Dodge Avenger 500 (Saturday, 7 p.m. ET on FOX).
    Rather than drive the No. 3 car that his father, Dale Earnhardt, made famous for RCR, Earnhardt Jr. would drive the No. 33 car, according to the report. Budweiser would follow Junior from DEI to the new team.
    Another FOX affiliate, FOX25 in Boston, reported that Earnhardt Jr. finalized a deal with RCR on Thursday night and that an announcement would come soon.
    If the reports are accurate, NASCAR's most popular driver will partner up with Richard Childress, the same man for whom Dale Earnhardt Sr. starting driving in 1981.
    Childress and Earnhardt Sr. won six Nextel Cup championships before Earnhardt was killed on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500.
    If he is not going to race at DEI, I think this is a great fit for him and Richard Childress alike. How is Kevin Harvick going to be able to handle being second fiddle at RCR????? He hated the competition with Robby Gordon. There will not even be any competition with Jr, he will be the man. Good luck to Jr and RCR

RitcheyRch
    Following in Dad's footsteps. Could be a good move for him.

OCMerrill
    His step mother owns their current team. I remember an interview a while back where he stated he struggles with this a bit.
    I think there is more to it. Possibly making a little more $$$$:idea:
    I am sure the switch will be a good one for him.

LAFD
    its all about money he needs to start winning shit in order to even thinking about taking over a company. glad he didnt get handed the company he hasnt earned it and it show with him pouting and going to another team. i hope harvick kicks his ass.

Kilrtoy
    33 HUH,
    That is probably where he will finish in the points standings without daddy's money

Bow Tie Omega
    RIchard Childress denied the reports........Drama.........He did say he would love to have Jr in his camp, but did not want to push Jr.

franky
    33 HUH,
    That is probably where he will finish in the points standings without daddy's money
    I completely disagree. If Jr. only has to worry about getting into someone elses car and driving, he will kick ass.

WILDERTHANU
    its all about money he needs to start winning shit in order to even thinking about taking over a company. glad he didnt get handed the company he hasnt earned it and it show with him pouting and going to another team. i hope harvick kicks his ass.
    Ya know, as big of an Earnhardt fan as I am, maybe you're right. From his own mouth JR said "At 32 years of age, the same age as my father was when he made his final and most important career decision, it is the time for me to compete on a consistent basis and contend for championships.".
    It's time for JR to get away from drama and focus on winning races. Look at Gordon, his divorce and the starting his own team clearly affected his performance. He is just now pulling out of his slump.

jbtrailerjim
    I watched a little bit of Cup practice this morning on Speed and they didn't mention anything about him striking a deal with RCR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast