Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought, Anyone near Redding?

zudnic
    To be honest, was not really into jets. Long story short; I'm moving my business to Redding, CA and needed a boat. So ended up buying this:
    Boat is a 18Ft Marlin. Engine is a GM350+. Engine was built last year and runs strong. Seats 4-6. Has all new gauges. Just serviced and ready to go. Jet is a Burkley and was Rebuilt before last season. Trailer was painted and new tires last year. New twin batteries. Set up to pull ski's or tube. Includes everything to pass CG rules. No neg issues with this boat.
    I currently live in Central Washington, so played a bit today on the Columbia River near my house. It was a blast... 64mph GPS though is a little slow...Need more speed... :devil:
    Was planning on heading out for Redding this Sunday, look at some commercial real estate and go boating. but think I'll stay here and boat the Columbia this weekend. Head over to Redding mid-week and do some boating there after business. So anyone wanna play with me next weekend?

zudnic
    Here a pic of what I bought.....

twowheeledfish
    I'm in Chico... about 1 hr 15 minutes south of you on 99.

thatguy
    I'll be home around Thur. - Fri. next week. Live in Anderson. 10 minutes from Redding. Where are you going to stay? I have plenty of boat parking and shop. Plan on hitting the lake all weekend w/ my V-Drive. My jet is still a couple weeks away. PM Me.
    Tommy

Cas
    good looking boat, looks real clean. In the picture, it appears the boat is sitting on the trailer past the bunks. It could just be the angle of the picture but if it is hanging over, you should really get it more forward so the bunks are past the transom.
    There will be a bunch of us jetters at Shasta at the end of June, you ought to give it a try to come on out.

cas look a little more towards the front looks like the winch is right there. looks like the trailer is to small for the boat.

El Prosecutor
    I have plenty of boat parking and shop. Plan on hitting the lake all weekend w/ my V-Drive. . . . Tommy
    Maybe I'm cynical, but something about this reminds me of when your a kid and your friend's older brother invites you to go out in the back yard and "play boxing". :boxingguy

Devilman
    cas look a little more towards the front looks like the winch is right there. looks like the trailer is to small for the boat.
    Kinda looks that way to me too..... Even if the boat were up against that roller, looks like it may still overhang the bunks. At least from the angle of the pic anyway.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...3&d=1178865655
    Looks to be a nice boat though, clean.....

Cas
    naw, it looks like a Road Runner trailer where someone added the winch/roller and just mounted it too far back. Whatever the reason and if it's really the case, it would be a good idea to remedy it

thatguy
    Looks like something is wrong for sure. Single axle at mid-boat. IMHO the boat is WAY back or trailer is WAY small. Boat could almost do a "wheelie" over a bump.
    Tommy
    PS- My intentions are honorable! I promise not to beat anybody up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast