Thread: Powder coat?

Never Satisfied
    Has anyone had any clear powder coating done? I have some aluminum with a high polish on it and was wondering if powder coating clear over it would make it look like crap.

79 HUSTLER
    Has anyone had any clear powder coating done? I have some aluminum with a high polish on it and was wondering if powder coating clear over it would make it look like crap.
    The clear powder will yellow and dull up over time.. If in direct sun light it will not take long...

Never Satisfied
    Thanks!

shippingguy
    You can have it clear anodized. I had that on my last boat. It looks really nice and yo uwill not have the up keep of polishing all the pieces.

Never Satisfied
    You can have it clear anodized. I had that on my last boat. It looks really nice and yo uwill not have the up keep of polishing all the pieces.
    Will the anodizing chip?

79 HUSTLER
    Will the anodizing chip?
    It can, as with anything. The clear ano. is not all that clear.. It will not look like a nicely polished piece. And if in direct sunlight will fade just as quick, if not quicker than the powder will.. Best bet, keep lots of alum. polish handy

Racey
    Will the anodizing chip?
    Anodizing wont chip, the dye actually penetrates into the surface of the metal, it will scratch however, and clear anodizing will satin a polished part, it wont be mirror shiny after anodzing. The sun will fade it over time, so keep the part waxed, corosive water will affect anodized finishes as well, All in all anodizing is superior to powdercoat for aluminum.

Not So Fast
    All I can say is that my rear grab handles get pretty funky at the end of the day and used to take a good metal polish to really bring them back. Not so since I tried the HOTSAUCE, couple of squirts and they are like the day they were polished, I was amazed!! Patrick, please PM for shipping instructions for my free bottle NSF