Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Circle vs. Drag boats what driver has the bigger

O.B eddie
    Just curious since there seems to be alot of circle guys in here these days!! Which drivers have the bigger balls roundy round or straight? Now some could say circle boats get out of it just to turn or maybe scared to let all hang out!Or drag guys are to scared to turn at any speed! Or maybe its apples and oranges.. I have been in both and I prefer circle boats more fun than goin straight!!

GofastRacer
    Julian Pettengill= KRR
    Al Bush= BFF

MikeF
    IMHO, Anyone who drives any type of blown boat FAST......has got huevos grande!
    I'm going to give the edge to the circle guys though !
    [ February 09, 2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

blondie#1
    I've done both, myself. It's fun to watch those blown hydro's go 200mphs. but, I sure wouldn't put myself in one of those capsules to do it. It takes a lot of guts to go as fast as you can and not screw-up at the light. I was always in the 13 second class. For me that's fast enough. It is exciting just the same. I plan on trying it again this summer with the Frasier Drag's here August 2 & 3. It's always a challenge to beat that clock & lights. But, it does get a bit expensive if you only get one pass. That's where I like the circle boat group. You get 3 minutes to set up before the clock and the you get 4 laps when the clock starts. It's just as exciting to hit the clock right as at the drags. But, you get to race twice a weekend instead of (if your lucky)once. The last year I raced with the guys (dragboat racing)I got to do 5 passes. I'm not sure how I did that but it was a lot of fun. By the way I ended up 2nd place. Poor Mark L. wasn't sure if he could handle loosing to a lady. No worries there, My motor started to pop and sputter, so I didn't push it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. HA1 HA!
    Anyway, both groups have there challenges. It depends on what your looking for for fun. I know the spectators enjoy the circles more, because there is more action. But, the drags are pretty spectacular in its self. Have a great day!- wink
    [ February 09, 2003, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: blondebombshell ]

A.SNEED
    who gets out of it to turn?

GN117 Big Dawg
    If you lift...you lose. Especially in S/S.

DUCKY
    MikeF:
    IMHO, Anyone who drives any type of blown boat FAST......has got huevos grande!
    I'm going to give the edge to the circle guys though ! I tend to agree with Mike. At least in a dragboat at 160+, you have a capsule, a cage, oxygen, and 1/5 the chance of being run over by another boat.
    In a K boat, you have none of that.

Could it be....? OB Eddie going legit?? No shit stirring, no caustic remarks???? I think I've seen it all now. :eek yuk

GN117 Big Dawg
    Ducky, close your eyes, lean back in your big ol' chair, take giant deep breath and think, or just try to imagine 8 to 13 S/S, P/S even Cracker Boxes side by side just inches apart(there are times you can reach over and touch the guy next to you)at nearly 100 mph or a little more at times. Now your heading into turn one and you know, every one else know's, that if you lift you loose! You absolutly force yourself to keep that damn gas pedal mashed to the floor, you get right down to the pin, you slam on the brakes to get the front wheels on the ground, so it will turn, then she takes a set that wants to unass you from your once uncomfortably tight seat and around the pin you go, you and 10 of your closest freinds, right now, they would just as soon run over you as let out of that turn in front of them! Now it's straightaway time, hang on to your ass, your flat on the wood for at least a half mile in water so f---in' rough you feel like a rag doll in there. Turn two is just as hairball as turn one, ya start thnkin' "man this is the longest 5 minutes I've ever experianced" then ya start lookin' for that white flag goin' comin' out of turn two, startin' lap two!
    All ya gotta do is repeat that cycle 4 more times, then try to load yor hot rod back on the trailer, pry your adrenilan locked hands off of the wheel then get your brown stuff together because your race director just moved your next heat up two brackets!
    If all of this doesn't make your fun meter hit the peg, my freind, I think you would be due for a tune up!
    [ February 09, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: GN117 Big Dawg ]

Chief 2 Wings
    Circle racins' were it's at! Who likes to be done in 8 seconds or less sleeping (probably Smallie cause a real man says"we both started at the same time whats your problem")when you can make the thrill last 4 to 6 minutes smile_sp smile_sp and you can race all your buddies at once w/out a bunch of jetboat loons shootin' their water cannons (like CFW) at ya!
    [ February 09, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Chief 2 Wings ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast