Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash - Lake Pleasant

Boatcop
    Just heard a blip on the news. Plane crashed into Lake Pleasant.
    More to come.........................

Boatcop
    Crashed just north of the Dam about 30 minutes ago. (8:30 PM) 1 small boat near the scene called 911. Fire boat from the Marina on scene shortly after.
    MCSO boats, MC Parks Dept, and Fire boat on scene. DPS helicopter hovering overhead.
    No survivors found as yet...........

MRS FLYIN VEE
    thoughts and prayers ..

Devil's Advocate
    We were going to be there today but decided not to go. I hope there is some news of survivors.

squirt'nmyload
    this does not suprise me one bit. see planes buzzing the water all the time. about a month ago we were floating in the north end of the lake and watched as this plane, what looked like an experimental, came diving down, pulled up and started coming right at us. i was standing up in my boat and when it came by i felt the wind from it. i though my girlfriend was going to jump off the boat!! she was shaking for an hour afterwards.

Jordy
    I bet that giant freshwater squid reached up and pulled the plane down.... :jawdrop:
    Haven't heard any more news on this one. Hopefully everyone made it out ok.

phebus
    The news last night said that no survivors were located, and they were suspending search and rescue efforts until daylight today.

squirt'nmyload
    Plane slams into Lake Pleasant
    Authorities to search water for bodies today
    Brent Whiting and Lindsey Collom
    The Arizona Republic
    May. 12, 2007 12:00 AM
    Divers from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office are expected to hit the water early today in search of bodies from a single-engine Cessna that crashed into the south end of Lake Pleasant late Friday.
    Authorities said Friday that there was no immediate sign of survivors in the water, which is about 120 feet deep.
    Lt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office, said there was also no word on how many people were aboard the plane, where the plane left from or where it was headed. A witness who contacted authorities late Friday may be able to provide details, he added.
    An officer from the Arizona Department of Public Safety reported seeing a low-flying plane while patrolling on Arizona 74. And shortly after 8 p.m., the Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call about the crash.
    Deputies found an estimated 100-yard field of debris in the water northeast of the Waddell Dam when they arrived. The debris field was about a mile north of the 10-lane boat ramp, which is near the lake's marina.
    "It looks like the plane went down right in the middle of the lake," Chagolla said.

kingbrutis
    Heading out there around noon. Any effect on boating today? Thanks JoePlane slams into Lake Pleasant
    Authorities to search water for bodies today
    Brent Whiting and Lindsey Collom
    The Arizona Republic
    May. 12, 2007 12:00 AM
    Divers from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office are expected to hit the water early today in search of bodies from a single-engine Cessna that crashed into the south end of Lake Pleasant late Friday.
    Authorities said Friday that there was no immediate sign of survivors in the water, which is about 120 feet deep.
    Lt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office, said there was also no word on how many people were aboard the plane, where the plane left from or where it was headed. A witness who contacted authorities late Friday may be able to provide details, he added.
    An officer from the Arizona Department of Public Safety reported seeing a low-flying plane while patrolling on Arizona 74. And shortly after 8 p.m., the Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call about the crash.
    Deputies found an estimated 100-yard field of debris in the water northeast of the Waddell Dam when they arrived. The debris field was about a mile north of the 10-lane boat ramp, which is near the lake's marina.
    "It looks like the plane went down right in the middle of the lake," Chagolla said.

Trailer Park Casanova
    What is it about Lake Pleasant and planes buzzing it?
    Is an airport nearby?
    If anyone wants info if it'll be open, or restrictions:
    Lake Pleasant Regional Park
    41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd.
    Morristown, AZ 85342
    Contact Station 1-928-501-1710
    Operations Center 602-372-7460
    Fax 602-372-7465

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast