Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Thunder

1 fast okie
    JUST A REMINDER "THE HART OF OKLAHOMA SUMMER THUNDER" DRAG BOAT RACE IS JUST A MONTH AWAY. FOR MORE INFO GO TO WWW.OKCDBA.COM

BLOWNDEAVER
    i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnivalride
    I'll be there, got vacation for friday too!!!

ONAROLL
    be there on thursday ....Vic

Carnivalride
    be there on thursday ....Vic
    So does that mean you got your new motor done or are you running your old one? What time thursday, evening, afternoon, day?
    Loren

ONAROLL
    Loren,
    Its done, Im one click away from a little safer hull, and Im going to stall puttting it in until later this week, I would like to bring the new one (new to me anyway) Im off thursday so I be there in the afternoon, are you bringing either of the boys?........Vic

Carnivalride
    Vic,
    Not sure who all is coming with me Logan will probably stay back in town and work since he just finished high school baseball and has no cash left. Trevor, I can't say not much interest in the boat unless we're tubing. I hav evacation though and I want to be there so I can run all day on that friday test n tune. Got some gears and a couple of props and a set-up change I want to get some ET's on. Guess it's time to see how slow my heavy flat really is now. :idea:
    No more yellow boat huh?

Marty Gras
    As prop diameter goes down, the prop moves back. If you pull the center plate up too much, it will pull the tail down. (at top speeds) You want to leave with the foot down control 1/2 way down or less (no more than that). Then you will keep the "quickness" while gaining top speed with the gears. I hope you can try 18's with a 10 3/4 or 10 5/8 prop.

Carnivalride
    As prop diameter goes down, the prop moves back. If you pull the center plate up too much, it will pull the tail down. (at top speeds) You want to leave with the foot down control 1/2 way down or less (no more than that). Then you will keep the "quickness" while gaining top speed with the gears. I hope you can try 18's with a 10 3/4 or 10 5/8 prop.
    George,
    The valve springs checked around 145lbs at seat height and 375/370lbs int/exh at the over the nose heights (at actual lift) this March and I've only got 4hrs on them since then. I have GPS numbers and "lake balance" set for the combinations below. The plates are currently at an 1/8" up, didn't like the "feel" of the center plate at 3/16" up.
    test 1: the 12's and the high rake 11 x 16 (baseline from lake)
    test 2: the 18's and the high rake 11 x 16
    test 3: the 18's and the round ear 10-7/8 x 16 (with 2 additional nickels)
    Depending on the results I may try a borrowed set of 22's. I was unable to find the prop you recommended in a 10-3/4 to borrow. I figured I'd try what I have first and go from there. If you know of a prop I could try PM me with details I'd pay for shipping both ways and discuss what ever else is customary on a deal like that.
    Thanks,
    Loren

Carnivalride
    Vic,
    Who's coming from your way? Perry, Dustin, Chuck, Ron, anybody that was down at Okmulgee last year? Just curious I haven't seen to many people post on this?
    Loren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast