Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LAVEYCRAFT 27 VS. NORDIC 28 or fast v bottoms

WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE SANDBAR
    I'm thinking of purchasing a new boat. I have a 20 ft Stoker right now. I like the speed but need more room.. I'm a tunnel boat guy. I like fast v bottoms boats also. Any suggestions.. Who has these boats, (Lavey's, Nordic's, Howard's,Fountains) I like the 525's with the I T S drive. Anybody have the v-10 Ilmor . I know there are 496 aftermarket kits to improve its horsepower, is it better to purchase the more costly engine package ..

Kilrtoy
    No Clue, But
    I Want To Go To The Sandbar

shadow
    No Clue, But
    I Want To Go To The Sandbar
    Kilr,i was out by the sand bar this evening.Took the Rhino and some cold ones
    for a sunset cruise.The stretch of river between the Lake and sand bar was awesome,only one fishing boat slicing through the glass.

shadow
    I'm thinking of purchasing a new boat. I have a 20 ft Stoker right now. I like the speed but need more room.. I'm a tunnel boat guy. I like fast v bottoms boats also. Any suggestions.. Who has these boats, (Lavey's, Nordic's, Howard's,Fountains) I like the 525's with the I T S drive. Anybody have the v-10 Ilmor . I know there are 496 aftermarket kits to improve its horsepower, is it better to purchase the more costly engine package ..
    Try a search for the triple digit bullet thread.the Lavey and Nordic are also
    nice.I think Howard would be the fastest,Lavey then Nordic considering each boat with the same power.

Mandelon
    The question is a bit general. Everyone will recommend their brand. Even Debbolas.... I'd agree with Shadow on the order he posted above given equal power, but to get more detailed info....we need a detailed question.

roln 20s
    Howard Bullet...hands down in my opinion. I've riden & driven a 25 Bullet with a 496HO numerous times, plus ridden in the Twin Turbo 28 Bullet at 90+, Gary Taylor's 28 orange bullet at 107mph and then E502's 28 bullet with the 525. All are just exceptionally built, amazing handling, pure performance luxury. For the record- I don't own one- I bought a DCB cat. However, if I was buying a vee--that would be the ONLY boat I would buy (well except a 39 Outerlimits )
    I know that Mike and Gene at Howard would like to do a Ilmor in their 28 Bullet. My guess would be a turn key, 85+ mph machine..all day with ride quality and room for friends.
    You can PM with any specific questions.
    Good luck.
    Roln 20s

riverracerx
    Get the Nordic!! Best bang for the buck. Or pay another 40K for a bullet?
    I have had mine since 2001 with zero problems. It is a GREAT boat!

WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE SANDBAR
    Get the Nordic!! Best bang for the buck. Or pay another 40K for a bullet?
    I have had mine since 2001 with zero problems. It is a GREAT boat!
    WHY DO YOU LIKE THE NORDIC.... WHAT SIZE, 25 OR THE 28.... MY COUSIN TEST DROVE THE 28 WITH THE ILMOR IN IT. HE SAID IT WAS A LITTLE SQUIRRELY (DID I SPELL IT RIGHT) ABOUT 70 MPH, IT WHEN OVER 80.. I HEARD THE HOWARD IS A SMOOTH WATER BOAT, I HAVE A HOUSE IN HAVASU, ITS NOT THAT SMOOTH.......... I WANT A BOAT THAT IS FAST, A GOOD ROUGH RIDING WATER BOAT. IS YOUR AN OPEN BOAT OR CLOSED, I LIKE THE CLOSE BOAT BETTER. THANKS FOR THE INFO

Chromegorilla
    Velocity VR1...... only if you want a fast boat......

roln 20s
    The Howard can handle some serious water, including catalina runs. In the smooth water, it will NOT chine walk like some of the others out there. It handles like a dream...in any water. As RRX mentioned, it is a little higher priced than the others, but the 3 Boat of Year awards do speak for themselves. Just do yourself a favor--and test drive them all. They are all good boats and regardless what you buy- they are all a ton of $$$.
    Just get what you want- you'll know after your drive and ride in them.
    Roln 20s

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast