Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info on Lake Conroe? & Travis?

taylormanss
    yep

LakeRacer
    Keith,
    Go to offshoreonly.com and look up a guy by the name of Clay Washington. He boats on Travis all of the time and knows the lake very well. He should have plenty of info for you. He may also know someone in the Conroe area.

RidinRed
    fwiw-
    I just spent some time showing some folks from Austin around Mead. They were impressed by the body of water in the bays. Said Travis is more like upper Mojave being a damned up river. That it doesn't get as rough as some of what they say here in the wind (LV breeze).
    If they had to guess, which is what i asked them to do...
    There are a lot of bajas on Travis.
    I think i may have to make the tow out to check it out :idea:

lynn
    the lake is dominated by Baja and Fountain a few Nordics and some Eliminators, I have seen 2 Advantage boats on there if you include mine, in about 3 more weeks I will have an Ultra on there, Magic should open a store in probably Frisco as they are Building a new Toll road from there to Pottsbore which is the heart of ***boats on Lake Texhoma.

freakdave
    I can see lake travis from my house. I really want the cat deck boat market to heat up here. There just arent any to show off. It would be a great market for deck boats IMHO. You will just have to get some boats out here to market especially during the poker runs, etc. I'm building a 509cid to drop in a cat deck. I'll be out in Havasu in October to visit all the boat builders. Feel free to drop me a line. Dave 512-680-6806

freakdave
    Mostly v-hulls on travis. Go fast boats are mainly Baja with some fountains, a few cigs, a few checkmates, some formulas, eliminator or two, couple of nordics here and there. We need some cat!! Lots of cruising, fishing, skiing, jetskis. Water usually isnt that bad. More of a long narrow style lake. There are a few places where people congregate like "Devils Cove". Lots of $$$ that live on the lake. As for size of boat you will see mostly 20-24 foot recreational boats like chapparal, crownline, cobalt, glastron, larson, etc. There is one fountain dealer and one baja dealer in Austin. Like i said earlier, give me a call for more details. Dave
    Anyone very familiar with Lake Conroe? Near Houston? Very curious to get
    some info on it. Also, info on Travis? What type of boats are used there?
    How important is speed? How rough is the water? What is the primary type
    of recreational boating done there? fishing? cruising? racing? skiing? tubing? wakeboarding? What are the most popular sized boats and their manf's names? Are there speed limits on these lakes, noise limits? Are there
    big hangout areas where everyone goes to be seen etc?
    Sure would appreciate some help here.
    Keith Sayre
    Magic Powerboats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-7600

Keith E. Sayre
    Thanks so much you guys. and dave--I will. thanks again.
    Keith Sayre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12