I've had the same toolbox come slide in next to me at both mohave last year and havasu this year and crank his tunes to where I just turned mine off. My stereo is plenty clean and can be elevated to almost painfull levels.
When I'm parked I don't feel the need to be the DJ for the entire beach and I like to talk with the people around me plus I know not everyone is as big of a Neil Diamond fan as myself and not everyone wants to hear the prolific descriptions of life lessons from Mickey Avalon. If I'm already parked and someone wants to have a gansta sound off, do I get to sound off? Would it be wrong if I informed him he was acting like a cockhole?
The channel was a bit of a different situation because it was pretty busy and not a whole lot of parking options. But at the beach just south of Katherine's at Mohave, nobody around for hundreds of feet, the same sand everywhere and he slides next to me? Seriously? And then have the nerve to toss on marriachi music? This was not a late teens or early 20's kinda guy, he was looking late 30's early 40's.
If you have a nice sounding stereo and your music is universally liked, I say rock out with your cock out. Am I crazy for thinking this way or am I just old at 31?