Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stereo courtesy

RiverDave
    Yes, if I see an anchor out with chairs and stuff on the beach I figure that spot has been saved. So does everybody else from what I understand. Is that not the case? Are you saying you unpack and pack up all your stuff everyday?:idea:
    We don't have beaches that we can do that with down in Parker... But from what I understand you leave your not suppose to leave your stuff on the beach all weekend and "lay claim" to a spot.
    If I left my stuff on a beach over night, I'd fully expect it not to be there when I returned.. Or I'd expect to find a bunch of people sitting in my chairs and drinking outta my coolers.. LOL
    RD

Cigalert
    The matching boats came with a fanny pack, a yellow jeep, K.Y. and pictures of Tom Brady. Needless to say, we were stoked.

Just foreplay
    My point is, if there is already a music party started why try to battle? If there is no music and you feel the need to start some, by all means please, I invite you. In fact if I'm in the water, have a cocktail in hand and my music isn't playing, by god you better believe I want to hear some. If I pull up somewhere and I don't want to hear what ever crap system they're using I'll be the first to pack up and head out.
    In the pic below, this was the day I was talking about at Mohave before trouble showed up. As you can see there is nobody around. My boat is on the left. He pulled up so close and didn't beach it very well, I had to move his boat away more than once.
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ert/ar210z.jpg
    That was my point exactly, there are "other" spots that the guy could have moved to if he wanted to blare his music..I think it's just being a little rude and inconsiderate...I guess that's just "old schoool" huh?

whiteworks
    having no stereo in my boat I say turn it up and play whatever you want, and thank you for the music.

Cole Trickle
    We don't have beaches that we can do that with down in Parker... But from what I understand you leave your not suppose to leave your stuff on the beach all weekend and "lay claim" to a spot.
    If I left my stuff on a beach over night, I'd fully expect it not to be there when I returned.. Or I'd expect to find a bunch of people sitting in my chairs and drinking outta my coolers.. LOL
    RD
    I fully understand the no over night saving thing...
    On the oposite end last simmer we rented a couple rooms at the nautical and when we returned from a lunch run a couple hours later our EZ up/chairs were moved and someone was tied up to my sand spike(They said it was theres).....needless to say things didn't go smoothly when we got back.

Ziggy
    Yes, if I see an anchor out with chairs and stuff on the beach I figure that spot has been saved. So does everybody else from what I understand. Is that not the case? Are you saying you unpack and pack up all your stuff everyday?:idea:
    When we boated on Mohave regularly, absolutely. I never left stuff to reserve, I'd get up early to reclaim it the next day(hopefully)...
    I'll respect and leave stuff alone when we encountered chairs or lowered ez-ups but at the same time find it unfair and selfish by the ones who do this, maybe is more commonplace now, I don't know.
    To me its kinda like the guy on the freeway driving down the shoulder passing everyone in stop/go........does he think he's somehow more special than everyone else waiting in line?
    I've also seen stuff left on beaches to reserve it, then watch all day as nobody comes to claim it....or worse come back weeks later to still find it there...

Benjhamina
    When we boated on Mohave regularly, absolutely. I never left stuff to reserve, I'd get up early to reclaim it the next day(hopefully)...
    I'll respect and leave stuff alone when we encountered chairs or lowered ez-ups but at the same time find it unfair and selfish by the ones who do this, maybe is more commonplace now, I don't know.
    To me its kinda like the guy on the freeway driving down the shoulder passing everyone in stop/go........does he think he's somehow more special than everyone else waiting in line?
    I've also seen stuff left on beaches to reserve it, then watch all day as nobody comes to claim it....or worse come back weeks later to still find it there...
    Well I am rebuffed sir. I was taught by my uncle when we first started boating that saving a spot was fine. When we are with a group with a number of boats we usually send someone out early to get slips and save one of our favorite beaches and almost nerver have trouble with it. It is too much to pack up that much crap every day and boat with it. It fills up the whole bow. I always suspected I was an a**hole. I guess now I know for sure.

FreshTracks
    It's all how you handle things. We were in the channel last year and the boat to the left of mine was handling stereo duty at the time. (Both this boat and mine have top notch stereos by WFS). Seemed everyone around was enjoying the tunes being played at a respectable level and clean sounding when a boat pulled in to my right. After helping these guys get in safely, and not hitting my boat, they proceed to crank their stereo. Not only did their stereo sound like crap at that high of volume, they were playing tunes that were killing the vibe in the area. I like all kinds of music, from Bob Marley to Slayer, but to hear the death metal they were blaring to point of heavy distortion I thought my hears were going to start bleeding. With the two stereos going at the same time, it was not sounding pleasant at all, so my bro turned his off and we let these guys play a few songs. In between songs I got one of the guys attention, he came over to my boat and I mentioned to him that each boat in the areas was taking turns playing their stereo and after his next song I was next. He was very cool and said no problem, he appreciated us letting them play their choice.

squirt'nmyload
    When we are with a group with a number of boats we usually send someone out early to get slips and save one of our favorite beaches and almost nerver have trouble with it.
    people have been killed for less at saguaro lake, especially for trying to do this back at the beach ...if they aren't there, then i'm taking the spot!!!!!!!!

kp216
    I take it you sent him back where he belonged.
    That's funny.
    Surely I'm not the only one who got that...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast