Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody in HB have an internet Business?

I am looking into an internet business. I would like some info on how they are run. Thanks in advance!

Flashwave
    What are you looking to sell? I've been doing this since as part of my other businesses since 1998.
    Jim

I am in need of a source of income. My inspection business came to a screeching halt in February and I have signed a contract with another inspection company last week but they are not sending me any work. So I have to do something quick. I just thought maybe I could try the internet. I see the ads on tv all the time but I am not sure how it all works.

Where is a good place to get started?????

HocusPocus
    Where is a good place to get started?????
    first you need to figure out what it is you want to sell. i use to do pretty well selling used auto parts on ebay before having to deal with all the scammers. i had a few adult oriented sites and then i bought and sold domain names. as shockwavebob has said customer service is very important, the quicker you can respond to an email or call the better. the get rich quick tv ads are a waste of time IMO. you also need to consider a domain name and get it asap.

Trailer Park Casanova
    A good way to start out is collectables, or something that your are interested in.
    Open up with an Ebay account, and have a website that sells too.
    My brother has a booming internet business selling 50's era Top-of-your-TV kinda nick nacs. Figureines.
    I had no idea they even existed, but it's a big business. Some parts of the UK, Canada and the US they were and still are huge, a BFD.
    Something along that line.
    Another friend sells 1930, 40's, 50's era German Schuco wind up cars.
    Does a hell of a business. Had no idea so many people worldwide think Schuco is such a BFD like I did.
    I had them as a kid and they were teriffic.
    I found that LED tail lites are good and up and coming business, no one site seems to have everything, I'd look for a nitch like that.

Pheelin Phroggy
    We just finished developing a new B2B, B2C, C2B, internet biz, real estate support oriented, but got busy with our pool company and have not had time to get the marketing started. We may be looking for a full partner to get the marketing going.... we have the plan and the site, just not the time, the site is finished. PM us if you are interested.

I am computer savy, in fact I build my own computers plus I take my laptop just about every where I go. I have internet access on the road. In my inspection business I am required to have a 24 hr turnaround but I get my inspections in sooner than that. I know how to spell and punctuate and I always go to spell check to make sure. Is there a good website that I can go to to check out?

Jordy
    Here are the key points to a successful internet business:
    #1: Make sure she's over 18.
    #2: Get all releases signed.
    #3: Make sure you get the credit card 3 digit security ID code.
    #4: Do something to separate your smut from the next guys smut.
    #5: Casting couch.
    Some people would pay alot of money for this kind of solid advice, but here I am giving it away.

My brother builds websites so I could get help in that aspect. He built and maintained the website for the base ball team in San Bernardino for quite awhile. He got to busy with work and handed it over to someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast