Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Schiada history

Schiada Time
    As many of you know I have just completed restoration of my '74 schiada 22 V-drive for this year anyway and after a few trips to Elsinore I launched it at Havasu last weekend for the Schiada regatta. The boat ran great and my wife and stepdaughter enjoyed the ride. During the resto I contacted the former owner (two back) who lives in houston, texas and sent him some photos of the boat during its resto and yesterday I sent him photos from the weekend on havasu and he replied back with an enthusiastic appreciation for the photos. He had raised his kids skiing behind it and apparently was the 3rd owner and I am the 5th. its cool to think about where our boats have been before they fall into our hands. He was stoked to see the boat in such good shape and being enjoyed by a family. Good stuff all around so I just thought I'd share the story with you guys. Pics are on Schiada Notta Regatta under Trav's pics toward end of thread.
    ST

Great story... It is really neat to meet former owners and talk about a common intrest...
    Steve

Schiada Time
    Thanks RoaDogg- it has been cool keeping the former owner abreast of what is going on with it. I wish I could find the original owner. Now if he is still alive that would be awesome to get connected up. I've got a name just need to locate him.
    travis

Quite a while ago I found my old 22' Schiada and was really diaaspointed in the way that it had been maintained. It burned in a fire a few years later... Still think that it was an ins. job but I will never know...
    Steve

djunkie
    Cool story. I met the original owner of my Howard while waiting in the launch line at Kathrines landing one weekend. I swear the guy and his wife were almost in tears when they saw it.

Schiada Time
    So bitchin. I am headed to Houston, Tx in the middle of June for business and I told the guy who owned it two owners ago that if he wanted to meet up it would be cool to meet him. I hope I can locate the original owner. I was thinking I may be able to find him by contacting Texas DMV and spitting out a Vin # on the boat. They may be able to give me an address or something. It would be awesome to meet this guy and maybe get copies of some pics 32 years ago when it was new. roadDoog- You use to have a '22 Schiada? why in the world did you sell it?
    Djunkie-that is an awesome story about your Howard. Is it an old V-drive? how long did the guy own it and was he original owner. this kind of stuff is so interesting to me. So much history there.
    travis

Schiada Time
    So bitchin. I am headed to Houston, Tx in the middle of June for business and I told the guy who owned it two owners ago that if he wanted to meet up it would be cool to meet him. I hope I can locate the original owner. I was thinking I may be able to find him by contacting Texas DMV and spitting out a Vin # on the boat. They may be able to give me an address or something. It would be awesome to meet this guy and maybe get copies of some pics 32 years ago when it was new. roadDoog- You use to have a '22 Schiada? why in the world did you sell it?
    Djunkie-that is an awesome story about your Howard. Is it an old V-drive? how long did the guy own it and was he original owner. this kind of stuff is so interesting to me. So much history there.
    travis

Schiada Time
    Huff- I have seen a few in HB V-drive tech column where Wilkes is referring to a Schiada in Texas. Wherever they reside they are cool as hell. there is really nothing else like them. Its just plain cool that the boat made its way back to cali after so many years in Texas.
    travis

djunkie
    travis
    Unfortunately its not a v-drive Howard. Just an '89 23 Offshore with an I/O. Still was cool to meet the original owners. Was shocking to hear that even back in '89 that boat cost them close to $60k.

Travis... You know, every once in a while, life gets in the way of having fun ... Needed the money, so something had to go... Really have missed it over the years. It was a boat that I did the entire installation on so it had a lot of meaning to me.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast