Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations! Lifeline...40 Years!!!

Dave Sammons
    Recieved my resized driving jacket(what a surprise...it had to be made larger!! ) for my new kevlar suit in the mail today and on the package was this cool sticker...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/lifeline.jpg
    40 years of developing and providing the finest Marine Safety equipment in the world! It is truly hard to think where we would be as a sport without Bill Fauntleroy and his dedication to safety! When you think of the innovations he has made to what we wear to go racing, the injuries and deaths his equipment has spared...It's AMAZING! It's a pretty safe bet to say without LifeLine, boat racing would probably not be around in the form it is today. I don't know if anybody over there at LifeLine is ever on this forum, but, if you see Bill at the races, shake his hand and thank him...and all you Commodores and Association Presidents out there should invite him to your yearend banquets and give him an award!! CONGRATULATIONS Mr Fauntleroy and crew.
    Keep up the good work!

Dave Sammons
    Here's a little history from their website
    1967: Bill Fauntleroy starts Lifeline Jackets, and designs/manufactures the first Standard Racing Jacket.
    1969: Cut-resistant "Ballistic Nylon" material added to Standard Jacket.
    1970: Bill Fauntleroy researches and designs the original Parachute Jacket. A milestone development for high speed boat race drivers.
    1971: Lifeline introduces the first boat race driver "firesuit".
    1972: Lifeline developes the first Outboard Jacket with extra long back panel with Ballastic Nylon material. Jacket has a cut-out neck area and other features specifically needed by Stock Outboard, Mod and Pro category drivers. Lifeline also creates the original "Prop Glove".
    1973: Lifeline Race Products are being shipped to racers worldwide.
    1974: Lifeline introduces the OPC/Offshore Jacket with built-in impact material.
    1976: Lifeline introduces "Bermuda-style" Safety Pants with Ballistic Nylon.
    1977: Lifeline introduces the first drag boat parachute.
    1979: Lifeline designs the first Helmet Support Strap. That same design is used today and required by IHBA and many other boat race sanctioning bodies.
    1981: Lifeline relocates to Parker, Arizona -- builds new 10,000 square foot, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
    1982: Lifeline becomes the exclusive marine distributor for orange-colored Bell Helmets.
    1983: Bill Fauntleroy is appointed to APBA Safety Committee. The Committee was originally formed to develop the "Driver's Capsule" concept.
    1987: Lifeline introduces the High Performance Pleasure Jacket. The first flotation jacket designed for "lake racers", bass fishermen and more recently, "poker run" participants.
    1991: Bill Fauntleroy builds his first "Racer Support Trailer". Tours the U.S., going to 45 races in two years.
    1992: Lifeline factory expansion -- 5,000 additional square feet of warehouse.
    1993: Lifeline replaces original 24-foot "Race Support Trailer" with a new, custom built 70-foot truck and trailer rig. The presence of the Lifeline "Racer Support Rig" has brought an enhanced professional image and atmosphere to boat race events nationwide.
    1994: Lifeline designs the first flotation drivers suit for enclosed capsule drivers.
    1996: Lifeline develops the first quality cut-resistant kevlar sleeves and pants.
    1997: Lifeline adds neck collars and roll bar padding to its product line.
    2000: Lifeline becomes a warehouse distributor for Mechanix Wear products.

BIGCHRIS
    Dave i bought one a couple of months ago and the workmanship and fit was perfect, and i am a nice size fella myself well worth the money and peace of mind

GofastRacer
    Wow 40yrs already, congrats on a well made product!..

dmontzsta
    Thats awesome, Hands down the best lifejackets.

BILLY.B
    Here's a little history from their website
    1967: Bill Fauntleroy starts Lifeline Jackets, and designs/manufactures the first Standard Racing Jacket.
    1969: Cut-resistant "Ballistic Nylon" material added to Standard Jacket.
    1970: Bill Fauntleroy researches and designs the original Parachute Jacket. A milestone development for high speed boat race drivers.
    1971: Lifeline introduces the first boat race driver "firesuit".
    1972: Lifeline developes the first Outboard Jacket with extra long back panel with Ballastic Nylon material. Jacket has a cut-out neck area and other features specifically needed by Stock Outboard, Mod and Pro category drivers. Lifeline also creates the original "Prop Glove".
    1973: Lifeline Race Products are being shipped to racers worldwide.
    1974: Lifeline introduces the OPC/Offshore Jacket with built-in impact material.
    1976: Lifeline introduces "Bermuda-style" Safety Pants with Ballistic Nylon.
    1977: Lifeline introduces the first drag boat parachute.
    1979: Lifeline designs the first Helmet Support Strap. That same design is used today and required by IHBA and many other boat race sanctioning bodies.
    1981: Lifeline relocates to Parker, Arizona -- builds new 10,000 square foot, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
    1982: Lifeline becomes the exclusive marine distributor for orange-colored Bell Helmets.
    1983: Bill Fauntleroy is appointed to APBA Safety Committee. The Committee was originally formed to develop the "Driver's Capsule" concept.
    1987: Lifeline introduces the High Performance Pleasure Jacket. The first flotation jacket designed for "lake racers", bass fishermen and more recently, "poker run" participants.
    1991: Bill Fauntleroy builds his first "Racer Support Trailer". Tours the U.S., going to 45 races in two years.
    1992: Lifeline factory expansion -- 5,000 additional square feet of warehouse.
    1993: Lifeline replaces original 24-foot "Race Support Trailer" with a new, custom built 70-foot truck and trailer rig. The presence of the Lifeline "Racer Support Rig" has brought an enhanced professional image and atmosphere to boat race events nationwide.
    1994: Lifeline designs the first flotation drivers suit for enclosed capsule drivers.
    1996: Lifeline develops the first quality cut-resistant kevlar sleeves and pants.
    1997: Lifeline adds neck collars and roll bar padding to its product line.
    2000: Lifeline becomes a warehouse distributor for Mechanix Wear products."WOW" Grandpa, from the length of this post and the time it was posted must of meant that there were no new bar openings or no new beer that needed to be sampled!!!!. Yes my friends even RCL is jealous of Grandpa Dave Sammons and his ability to toss one (one is an under statement) back and get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it. Now with that said Bill Fauntleroy is a top class guy on top of building a great product. Has always been a pleasure to deal with.

wsuwrhr
    Man, 40 years????????????
    Sheesh you guys are OLD.

Brian

adjones419
    Congrats and thanks to Bill and Lifeline for keeping us safe!

boat 569
    The first time I raced a boat was in Augusta in the late 80's. I had a DiMarco hydro that we used as a lake boat. I wore an old non-chute jacket that I had bought used and had recerted. I didn't have any idea how fast it would go. My first pass was a 7.82 @ 142 mph. Bill was walking around the pits and came by our boat. He said " Is this your boat?" and I said yes. He said " you need to come by the lifeline trailer and order a chute jacket before you get hurt." He seemed more concerned with my safety than selling a jacket. And he gave me a hell of a deal. Great guy.

Dave Sammons
    "WOW" Grandpa, from the length of this post and the time it was posted must of meant that there were no new bar openings or no new beer that needed to be sampled!!!!. Yes my friends even RCL is jealous of Grandpa Dave Sammons and his ability to toss one (one is an under statement) back and get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it.
    Billy, Billy, Billy,
    YES I get paid to drink and who's to say that just because I posted early that I didn't have to do a little "QUALITY CONTROL" yesterday afternoon. As I've told you before...I am like a dyno, I make sure everything in the bar is running JUST RIGHT before you and the Missus or a bunch of buddies go out for the evening. If you showed up at a place and the beer wasn't pouring you would be P'ed/OFF, just like if you lost oil pressure in your brand new motor on the first lap! Unfortunately, my work is never done!
    GRANDPA
    PS...As far as the length of the post...If you could ever get off of that CAN and STRING system you have up there in Upland/Hooterville...You might learn to CUT and PASTE too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast