Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Float Valve Question...

Jordy
    But if the engine is not running, the levels are adjusted as low as possible and fuel is still pouring out of the sight holes, there is a problem. I am hoping that is what it is, even though this whole deal sucks, because Justin is pulling his hair out trying to find the parts he needs for this. Hate for it to be something like this that was overlooked.
    Jordy

Snowboat
    Pull the needle out and see if there is the slightest suggestion of an indentation in the black part of the needle (pretty close to invisible, get a teenager to look). That is all it will take for the needle to not work correctly and overfill. If there is, buy spring loaded, Holley needle and seats. If there isn't take the bowl, with the float still inside, turn it over and make sure it is level or slightly lower. This will tell you if your float tab is correct.

dannyUALsanger
    Snowboat is right. After reading through this whole thread it sounds like your needle and seat need to be replaced. I hope you're able to find the parts. With all the Holley carbs I have, I just keep a supply of rebuild kits and spare parts on hand for things just like this.

Of all the Holleys I've rebuilt 80% of the float problems have been the outer 'O' ring, the other 20% has been a small P.O.S. stuck in the needle/seat assembly. The Viton tip has hardly ever caused any problem unless you are running some sort of strange fuel additive that isn't compatabile with Viton. IMO the spring loaded assembly is not needed for marine use, these are used in off-road race applications. For those strange fuel additive uses try a steel tipped needle, these are available from Holley for alcohol applications, part no. 18BP-57AS [.110" inlet] sales no. 6-95

SchellSchock
    Worldwide Auto on Fletcher has a good supply of Holley parts

Hotcrusader76
    SchellSchock:
    Worldwide Auto on Fletcher has a good supply of Holley partsIn light of all this carburetor craziness at gunpoint. TPC Racing will be stocking extra floats, needles/seats, and Holley as well as MAX jets. My supply has been limited these last two weeks and if it was gaskets you needed, then come on by, I've got tons of those.
    It just kills me to see someone trying to get something I offer and I'm not able to stand-up to the request that fast, on top of having an incorrect order shipped to us from the supplier.
    Sorry guys, TPC Racing failed at that one.
    [ August 30, 2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123