Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best part of owning your own machining business.....

Havasu1986
    My wife runs her family machine shop in Downey. We were talking about it last nite how it would be nice for her to work for someone else, so she wouldn't have the pressure of keeping the shop going. She found out today that her best worker has been taking material and getting scrap $. She is really pissed now. She is really sick and can't take time off because she has no one to cover for her. Don't ever work with family.

Biglue
    Wouldn't it be nice if you could clamp the focking engineers onto the mill tables themselves.

Sleek-Jet
    make sure he doesn't want 4/16"
    Or 8/32"... but what you really have to watch out for is the 16/64"... that shit is hard to do...

thats just like a superintendent telling you to go set a set of cabinets and theres no sheetrock on the walls and the gas line is in the wrong place. i am redoing 660 units in hunters point in san francisco on t&m and the sup's have no clue whats going on. its their dime

Havasu1986
    thats just like a superintendent telling you to go set a set of cabinets and theres no sheetrock on the walls and the gas line is in the wrong place. i am redoing 660 units in hunters point in san francisco on t&m and the sup's have no clue whats going on. its their dime
    Signing change order tickets and getting paid is 2 different things. Just finished a department store in Santa Ana and fighting over the $ now after the store has been open for 2 months.

All-Star
    You mean you could not read his customers mind????
    Thats a first.... lol

uvindex
    Reminds me of the scene in Spinal Tap when the 18 INCH model of Stonehenge drops from the ceiling (the "drawings" said 18" high but they really wanted it to be 18' high, of course). Best part was the dwarves dancing around it on stage.

TJS
    Almost the samething happened to me. I welded up a clothes rack for a store with the drawings from the owner with all the measurements. I FAXed it back to him with a sign off for requirements. He signed it and Faxed it back to me. I made the rolling rack to his drawing. He comes to pick it up and states it is too high. I show him the faxed drawing with his signature. He then tells me it is not what I wanted it is too high. I charged him to cut it apart and almost make another rack cause of his stupidity.
    T.J.

YeLLowBoaT
    LOL... sound like some of my custmers... I want this... after you get about halfway done... I ment I wanted it this way...

Dave C
    LOL so true.....
    You mean you could not read his customers mind????
    Thats a first.... lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast