Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass Tubes....

Cole Trickle
    My buddy has 3 10" Alpines in his truck. They sound great! Better than the JLs he replaced them with. If Im not happy I will take it back. Mark will make sure Im happy with what ever product he sells me, as he would for any customer.
    Good to deal with a place that backs up what they sell.
    Thing about speakers is there is good and bad in any line. For example there is no Alpine subs on the planet that could sound better than say a JL 10w6 If it's the 10w0 or 3 it could happen.
    Post the part numbers when you have a chance

dumbandyoung
    Good to deal with a place that backs up what they sell.
    Thing about speakers is there is good and bad in any line. For example there is no Alpine subs on the planet that could sound better than say a JL 10w6 If it's the 10w0 or 3 it could happen.
    Post the part numbers when you have a chance
    WORD!
    amp: MRP-M450
    sub: SWS-12235

riverbound
    How is a alpine sub gonna sound? :idea:
    I know there new amps are the shizz but I don't know much about the subs...
    Even their entry level Type S subs sound pretty good in th eright application. As long as it is powered properly he should have no pronblems with it. I ran them quite a few times in boats with good success.....just make sure they are in a DRY location as they are a paper cone.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Having the proper enclosure wth any sub is key. Even a 10W6 will sound like like sh*t without being housed prpoerly. Just my .02

dumbandyoung
    Having the proper enclosure wth any sub is key. Even a 10W6 will sound like like sh*t without being housed prpoerly. Just my .02
    Correct! Airspace is very very important.

thmper321
    We just replaced Type S 12's with Typer R 12's and installed PDX Amps. The Type S subs sounded good but the R's with more power was so much better.
    I actually think the old JL W6 subs with the stamped baskets performed better than the current model. Plus that sub is what JL what it is today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12