Thread: Msd 6al

Tresguey
    OK, I have the task of wiring this thing in my buddies boat which is know big deal. My question is on placement of the box. Or any tricks on how to keep water from getting in. He has a 21' charger mini daycruiser. And when we go out we have fun. Which means water sometimes gets over the side. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Taylorman
    I tucked mine up under the transom so water doesn't reach it.
    Hey, i see perma cool in your signature, do you work for them?

Tresguey
    I was thinking of that myself, i was just wondering if the would be a wire length issue. Yes i do work For Perma-Cool. I am the national sales manager. and my buddy is a sales maneger for hedman headers.

jetboat
    isnt this a repeat question?on the same day?

Tresguey
    Hell i guess your right. think i should have looked a little into it before i posted.

Statue
    Yeah Tresguey, why don't you do your research before asking dumb questions. Oh, and don't buy anything "stupid" at the River this weekend.....

squirt
    I did this a number of years ago and mounted it on the transom up high. It never gets wet and dosen't get the vibration an engine mounted one would recieve.
    http://www.banderlog.com/playthings/cover.jpg

TJS
    I have a MSD 7AL. Does anyone have it powered to the battery all the time. I have a moroso main battery switch and was thinking of running the main power feed MSD(red wire) so I can switch it on and off with the main power switch.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

Tresguey
    Thanks for everyones help. My buddie got a hold of a digital 6 instead which is a sealed unit.