Thread: NOS sytem question

bahner454
    How much RPM's/MPH would you expect to gain from a 75 hp to 100 hp shot of NOS? I am currently turning 5100 rpms. The Boat is a 18ft Bahner with 454 with OT headers.

GUGS102
    What is the motor combo and where does it make its power.
    For example, if your combo makes most at say 5500, then you will pick up the 100 from the shot and what ever the difference is between what is makes at 5100 and 5500.
    Rule of thumb is 20hp per 100 RPM and 20hp per mile and hour. So by that calculation 100 shot should give you 5mph and 500 rpm. This is not including any additional HP on the table by the motor being under the curve.
    Gugs

bzking
    For example, if your combo makes most at say 5500, then you will pick up the 100 from the shot and what ever the difference is between what is makes at 5100 and 5500.
    Rule of thumb is 20hp per 100 RPM and 20hp per mile and hour. So by that calculation 100 shot should give you 5mph and 500 rpm. This is not including any additional HP on the table by the motor being under the curve.
    Gugs
    yes...what he said

Gugs
    Agreed I got 6 mph from a 100 shot

SmokinLowriderSS
    On a berk A the price is a tad steeper.
    You'll get about 400 RPM from a 100 HP shot, like I did from my 100HP Sniper system. I was spinning an Aggressor B flat-footed 5,000RPM, arm the nitrous and it hit 5400 RPM.
    Speed unknown as the GPS Speedo was still in the mail at the time.

squirt
    All these numbers are pure WAG's You will get what your motor combo allows, that might be 50RPM or 600RPM but it will be the motors components that decide for you. As far as how much MPH,those are WAG's again That will depend on your hull and setup and how she sets, ain't no swinging dick here can tell you without knowing YOUR stuff. I usually don't respond to these things but I'm tired and alittle grumpy and saw the BS answers so I posted. Guys posting there results from using the bottle are helpful in seeing a trend, but it did what it did on their rigs. I know this because I've been using NOS and swaping around engine components to change the results of the hit. Is NOS a good thing??????? HELL YEAH
    Don

Pops@Aggressor
    Gugs Looks like your rule held true- Good Call- Whats the river like right now. dave