Thread: Do it yourself vids, two tips

zudnic
    I watch alot of vids on the net. My degree is in film and television production; you would think with U' advanced proper English my spelling and grammer would be alot better. Two things that annoy me about vids people post of their boats, is focus and wind noise......
    Auto focus bites and since sound levels on most cams also adjust; both are really the same problem. For focus, go manuel, move lense out to infinity and set focus. Know no matter what you will always be in focus! Sound your cam sound levels will adjust to record the loudest sound, in the outdoors, this means the wind. Hence why wind noise always goes up and down, becomes extra annoying. Go to radio shack buy a wind sock, can be bought for under $6. For higher wind levels, ie out on the water, find an empty cig pack, put that over the mic, with wind sock, should at least make the loudest noise adjusted for the engine....... The object you want to deflect the wind and you will get better sounding vids. :idea:

RiverDave
    Lets see some of your vids!
    RD

zudnic
    Lets see some of your vids!
    RD
    Dont have anything to post yet, cause waiting for my cousin to return my freakin cam.....
    My next venture a friend works in marketing at a certain vacuum company that was almost bankrupt but they did'nt go under. So his no compete is still in effect...... Was going to do some cheesy commercial as seen on TV type stuff with him.......... Sux cause we had wine fridges lined up for $30 each delivered..........

I'mTheBeaver
    I have a Casio...would a windsock work on my camera?
    Like this?
    http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...XpO9deIxyf.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/wOgA-jGL4T-et...?referrer=hlnk)
    I agree, wind noise can be annoying. I have always wanted a Cannon XL2 or even the GL2 but that would not be practical for me given that I've already ruined a digital camera and PDA from the waters of Lake Mead and Havasu.
    Maybe I just shouldn't mix electronics with the lake and margaritas.
    Nope...that would get really messy--and definitely not drinkable.

zudnic
    I agree, wind noise can be annoying. I have always wanted a Cannon XL2 or even the GL2.
    I have an early Cannon XL1 and loaned it to my cousin cause he rents commercial production stuff.... I want either the above as my next toy....
    The object with blocking is more deflecting with cardboard... Did a internship at Roger's, so we filmed the Toronto Film Festival, press conferances, celeb on the red carpet and worked on a film review show called Reel to Real..... Film production is fun but its alot like being a longshoremen with alot of intern type BS before you make any money.......

SB
    Here's a tip. Don't shoot 2 hours of film at a kids' bday party. No one can stand to watch it.
    When you have little kids, pull out the camcorder for 1-2 min., 1-2 times a week, and make a diary.

Baja Big Dog
    Here's a tip. Don't shoot 2 hours of film at a kids' bday party. No one can stand to watch it.
    When you have little kids, pull out the camcorder for 1-2 min., 1-2 times a week, and make a diary.
    Should you put the wind sock on the kids???

twowheeledfish
    I watch alot of vids on the net. My degree is in film and television production; you would think with U' advanced proper English my spelling and grammer would be alot better...:idea:
    Did you mean, grammar? Ironically, this was a spelling error...lol.

I'mTheBeaver
    Should you put the wind sock on the kids???
    You know, that is a GOOD question.
    :idea: Hmmm...I think it might work.
    http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...5jbBppBjKx.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/2s5IOZbi5D9Kh...?referrer=hlnk)