Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need Headers.......

dunaholic
    Who has the hookup on headers for a 496??

Beer-30
    Nobody right now. All too new and in demand. Dana is back-ordered on theirs by around 100, I hear. All are putting out a nice kit now, so it comes down to looks. Whichever you like the best, the price is the price. No deals that I know of at this point.

Cat & Mice
    I saw a bunch of CMI's for 496 at Teague.
    Seems little expensive but they are way nice.
    MP

dunaholic
    Teague quoted me $5400...That's way too expensive for me to swallow for a set of headers.

Beer-30
    Teague quoted me $5400...That's way too expensive for me to swallow for a set of headers.
    That would be for stainless. Unless you are in salt, you don't need stainless.
    Regular Lightnings for 496 (stainless inner with steel outer) are $2049, black.
    Dana Marine is $2550, aluminum.

shippingguy
    If you can wait I would go with the Dana's. Easy to install and the performance #'s are awesome. The CMI's are really nice, but pricey. My buddy (ULTRA26 #1) has them and they made a huge difference and sound great, but are bit of a pain to install according to him.
    Mike

dunaholic
    Thanks guys, I will check into the Dana headers. Any information on performance from these compared to the CMI headers would be greatly appreciated.

Beer-30
    Thanks guys, I will check into the Dana headers. Any information on performance from these compared to the CMI headers would be greatly appreciated.
    They're all about the same. The Dana's were neck/neck with Lightnings. CMIs are gonna be right there, too. They are all accomplishing the same thing, and the stock HO can only gain so much.

Pussywhippled
    And to think I still have stock Merc exhaust, what a shame...

Beer-30
    And to think I still have stock Merc exhaust, what a shame...
    No, to think what you - especially your setup - would GAIN! You're probably better off, though. You would probably start grenading outdrives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast