Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food for dogs

wsuwrhr
    What are you guys feeding your dogs for "wet" food since the big pet food recall?
    Mopar has been getting cans of soup for a couple months now, I have always heard "people" food is not neccesarily good for dogs either. It sure beats feeding the dog food that kills them.
    I was wondering what the HB peeps have switched to.
    I don't know if that is true or not. Did you notice the jacked up ingredient was imported from China? This is only the tip of the iceberg, but that is a different thread.
    Brian

bigq
    Wet food is not good for dogs and cats at all. Really bad for the teeth and to many preservatives. You need a good dry food that does not have corn or wheat as the main ingredients, look for chicken or beef.

Quest4Fun
    I haven't fed my dogs wet food for quite some time...since before the recall. They get dry food and if I have some left-over meat, they get that mixed in with it. They haven't complained to me about getting dry food only so I guess its all good

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I make mine boiled chicken, brown rice, peas and carrots. As well as the occasional bowl of dry food watered down.
    The whole poisoned dog food recall freaked me out and I am not willing to risk my dogs lives over dog food. So their vet recommended the above recipe.

Quest4Fun
    I forgot to add that I don't think canned soup would be good for a dog. Has lots of sodium!

Havasu1986
    I have Pauls Pet Food delivered once a month.

moonridgematt
    We feed our lab dry food and some boiled chicken. He used to get wet and dry food. I try to stay away from the wet food nowadays after reading an ingredient label. Holy crap they pound a ton of "stuff" in those cans of food.

dirty old man
    My dog food comes from Communist China. They don't feed their dogs there, they eat them

riverbound
    My parents boild up some rice and hamburger and chicken for their dogs. and throw it on top of Dry food. They have been doing that for years.

Miss Perfect
    Mine only gets dry food and maybe a bite of meat from my dinner. His farts are bad enough as it is...I can't imagine how bad he would stink with wet food. UGH
    ---- he does not normally look this gay, but the Doggy Detailer came today and gave him a bow -----
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/angi1974/2.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast