Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry ! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS

Kilrtoy
    You are a terrorist!
    You have invaded this country!
    And on this day the police were attacked.
    OFCOURSE THE NEWS MEDIA WILL NEVER SHOW YOU THIS VIDEO....
    REMOVE THIS MAYOR
    LOS ANGELES - Just hours after federal lawmakers announced a compromise immigration bill, about 2,000 people returned to MacArthur Park on Thursday to complete a May Day rally that was marred by police violence.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also On KNBC.com: Hidden Camera Investigation At EZ Lube Shops
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa led a 10-block procession from Immanuel Presbyterian Church to MacArthur Park, where organizers held a candlelight vigil during the festive gathering.
    "One Los Angeles marched together in peace to stand up for the idea that in a great and generous America, we have every right to march peaceably, to speak out against the government, to ask to be a part of the American dream," Villaraigosa said while standing alongside police Chief William Bratton at MacArthur Park.

Kachina26
    Amen!!!!

I find it a bit odd that any elected official, in this case the mayor, would find it appropriate to participate in any march or event of this type.
    Of course with this guy it's a great photo op which I think is what he lives for.

RitcheyRch
    Sickens me that they are turning this great country into their own.

Sickens me that they are turning this great country into their own.
    It is not "they" imo. It is our weak ass spineless government "allowing" it, mainly by allowing employers to ignore "existing" US law on whom they can employ, and not making available to employers adequate means to figure out who's legal and who isn't (government doesn't give a shit basically and decided unilaterally decades ago to ignore US legal immigration law). If the jobs had not existed, the US would not be having any illegal immigration issues. And I disagree with many critics who argue that there are not Americans willing or able to do the work. Just who the fock did this work prior to the illegal immigration onslaught that started in the 70's and only accellerated over the next 3 decades? Any unavailability of Americans to do this work has been artificially created by decades of allowance of illegals to do the work at wages under minimum wage (again US law ignored).
    It's all smoke and mirrors based on politics and the almighty dollar. And now its to a point where whatever will get the politicians re-elected becomes national policy on the issue (even when it is against the law).
    With the immigration deal I'm hearing about on the news this morning, mud in the face of every "legal" immigrint who has endured the lengthly legal process to come to the US and actually participate in being a US citizen.
    I'm so sick of our government (both the white house and congress) on this issue I could puke.

RitcheyRch
    Very true but if they werent here illegally to begin with they wouldnt be turning most cities into Little Tijuana.
    It is not "they" imo. It is our weak ass spineless government "allowing" it, mainly by allowing employers to ignore "existing" US law on whom they can employ, and not making available to employers adequate means to figure out who's legal and who isn't (government doesn't give a shit basically and decided unilaterally decades ago to ignore US legal immigration law). If the jobs had not existed, the US would not be having any illegal immigration issues. And I disagree with many critics who argue that there are not Americans willing or able to do the work. Just who the fock did this work prior to the illegal immigration onslaught that started in the 70's and only accellerated over the next 3 decades? Any unavailability of Americans to do this work has been artificially created by decades of allowance of illegals to do the work at wages under minimum wage (again US law ignored).
    It's all smoke and mirrors based on politics and the almighty dollar. And now its to a point where whatever will get the politicians re-elected becomes national policy on the issue (even when it is against the law).
    With the immigration deal I'm hearing about on the news this morning, mud in the face of every "legal" immigrint who has endured the lengthly legal process to come to the US and actually participate in being a US citizen.
    I'm so sick of our government (both the white house and congress) on this issue I could puke.

Cigalert
    I lost my heritage. I am sicilian and my family was unable to speak their native tongue for fear of being judge or beaten because of it. This country was built by people who were americans, not african americans, mexican americans or asian americans....they dropped where they were from to have a better life HERE. But after my ancestors literally paved the way for people to come pee on the streets they built is dissapointing to say the least.
    I have quite a few spanish speaking employees. I refuse to learn spanish and I'm the one with the jobs. If they can't understand my perfect english ramblings they quit or get fired.
    I met a swede recently that changed my perspective slightly. He was visiting with some friends and their visas were about to expire. He went out and got a american flag tattoo on his left shoulder. After he was done getting the tat he said "one day I will be able to tell my friends that this is my home and I'm an american".

MRS FLYIN VEE
    WTF is he thinking. Boot his butt.

rodnjen
    It's not just our "weak ass government" that's allowing it. It is businesses of all sized exploiting a labor force for profit. We allow it and it's damn hard to avoid.
    Like a said in another thread, I'm a Democrat and it still pisses me off.

FOREVER2DOXIES
    first of all...are any of us REALLY surprised about Villarigoso?? geez...im not even political but even i knew that this shit was going to happen. from speaking in two languages on television when those kids began that fire a few months ago near that temporary apartment complex to this shit. COMON....are we shocked.
    and this is JUST the beginning!! makes me very thrilled to be moving to Arizona where they take no shit!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast