Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I Wrote Precision Fiberglass A Bad Check.....Absolutely

Psycho Squid
    I Wrote Precision Fiberglass a Bad check. No I Made it Bad. Some of you know and I don't advertise here on the boards but I'm Petrovich Performance Engeering Here in LHC. I was contracted by one of my customers to repair his boat and Sub-contracted Scott @ Precision Boat Werx to do some Cosmetic repairs to the Vessel. After 4 failed attempts at repairing this vessel and several days he calls me to pick it up. I do. Upon picking it up the repair is unsatisfactory and he never even started the repair on the bottom and asks me to bring it back this week on Tues because he had a 38 footer he has a commitment to. Oh yea and can I have a $400.00 check I have bills and can't float all of these jobs myself, Being a Mom and Pop shop myself I said OK! He tells me to bring the boat back on Mon and he will do the bottom and re-do his failed repair for the 5 time! I call him on Mon and he tells me he will call me back to schedule & that Tues should be ok hangs up never calls back to confirm. Tues morning I call him and he tells me the failed repair is good enough and that he can't get to the bottom work to f u c k i n g bad for my customer. With that said being late in the day made sure funds were not available and have since stoped payment. Scott calls me and threatens me in several ways.........I say we can resolve this right now, straighten out your failed repair and finish the bottom I have the cash in hand. He Refuses. He tells me he wants to speak to the boat owner my customer ( who also is unhappy with the repair.) I said I am your customer I sub contracted the repair to you. So.........What does Scott @ Precision Boat Werx do...............
    He calls the manufacturer of the vessel tells them the boat owner and a guy not even associated with this project wrote him a bad check. Then calls my customer which tells Precision Boat Werx I have no business with you PPE is handleing my repairs, Then proceeds to call every glass shop in Havasu to slander my name. On top of all this has Officer Dodge from LHPD call me to tell me not to have any contact with Precision Boat Werx and to Take it to Small Claims Court. Now........With all this said, Scott calls me yesterday and wants another shot at my business. Scott says he wants me to bring the boat back to him. NOT ON YOUR LIFE BUD.
    I have since contracted my regular glass people to finish the job and repair Scotts work. I now have a Stop Payment on the check so he can't re-deposit it. I have put $ 400.00 in an envelope pending a court decision and plan on back charging Precision Boat Werx the cost of repairing his mistake.
    I feel I acted in the best interest of my customer. The customer should get quality repairs for the money spent. I think Scott is a good guy but has shown a lack of ethics and poor judgement on this matter.
    Just for the record my customers boat will be ready as promised even if this event with Precision Boat Worx costs me money. I PPE bid the repair and have been paid by the boat owner. It's my job to Oversee all aspects and see my customer gets quality repairs......Even from my sub contractors!
    One more for the record..........I'd make the check bad or stop payment again I don't think people should have to pay twice for the same work.
    Thanks Hot Boat, This man Scott at Precision Boat Works is trying to slander me here on these boards already and in this community. If any one has comments or questions please feel free to contact me. This is the only post I will make on this subject. I look fwd to continuing to serve the boating community.
    John Petrovich
    Petrovich Performance Automotive and Marine
    LHC 928-208-0830
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../IMG_09881.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/34.jpg

RiverDave
    Post pictures of the repair.. I realize sometimes it's hard to take a picture that will actually show something with slight variations in color on gel etc.. (like taking pictures of polished parts is sometimes hard) but if you can take a picture of the repair, and it is in fact sub par (as you claim) then I think your reputation would certainly be in the clear as far as ***boat is concerned. Make sure when you take the pictures it's hard to tell exactly which F-26 it is that was repaired. It being the case that the owner actually took the boat to a business, and that biz subcontracted to another, I'm not sure they should get tangled up in all this.
    Incidentally, this certainly puts an entirely different twist on the story. I'm curious to see how this all works out.
    I've never dealth with Scott/Ducky on a business level, but I've talked to him many times and planned on using him in the future. From my conversations with the guy, I can't imagine he'd fock somebody intentionally. He always seemed pretty stand up to me.
    Insuficient Funds, and Stop Payment are two different things entirely though..
    One makes it sounds like you can't pay your bills, another sounds like your not happy with the work. I'm not even sure how you can get a check to bounce nowdays with overdraft protection etc?
    RD

phebus
    What we need, is a ***boat arbitrator. Lots of he said, she said stories.

IMPATIENT 1
    __ck that dude!! if the customer trusts you enough to bring ya the boat, he damn well trusts your judgement on this matter and i think your being a stand-up guy for trying to make it rite even on your own $$

YeLLowBoaT
    as i said in the other thread... the less that is said outside of the court room the better. IT could come back and bite you in the ass.

Captain Dan
    Is this the first time you sub-contracted with this person? It seems you are going about it the right way to make good for your customer, but if I were the customer I would expect for you only to sub-contract work to someone that you know, trust and will stand behind their work.
    Hope it works out OK for all.

What we need, is a ***boat arbitrator. Lots of he said, she said stories.
    They say there's three sides to most stories and always 2. I did get a kick out of the first thread tho with the mob mentality after hearing one side.
    Nothing's changed round here I guess....

riverratrob
    Post pictures of the repair.. I realize sometimes it's hard to take a picture that will actually show something with slight variations in color on gel etc.. (like taking pictures of polished parts is sometimes hard) but if you can take a picture of the repair, and it is in fact sub par (as you claim) then I think your reputation would certainly be in the clear as far as ***boat is concerned. Make sure when you take the pictures it's hard to tell exactly which F-26 it is that was repaired. It being the case that the owner actually took the boat to a business, and that biz subcontracted to another, I'm not sure they should get tangled up in all this.
    Incidentally, this certainly puts an entirely different twist on the story. I'm curious to see how this all works out.
    I've never dealth with Scott/Ducky on a business level, but I've talked to him many times and planned on using him in the future. From my conversations with the guy, I can't imagine he'd fock somebody intentionally. He always seemed pretty stand up to me.
    Insuficient Funds, and Stop Payment are two different things entirely though..
    One makes it sounds like you can't pay your bills, another sounds like your not happy with the work. I'm not even sure how you can get a check to bounce nowdays with overdraft protection etc?
    RDso much for the lynch mob .Well I agree with RD pic's will tell the tale .

Ziggy
    I think they are both better off not saying anything else here.............either they will work it out or Judge Joe Brown will work it out for them

Jordy
    I did get a kick out of the first thread tho with the mob mentality after hearing one side.
    Nothing's changed round here I guess....
    You noticed that too huh??? Now that thread should get interesting when the backpeddling starts.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast