Thread: Does anyone know this 95 Commander 21 ft Jet?

skygod73
    Been looking to get a boat for the family to enjoy the water again. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of this boat. The owner said he re-did the pump last year and changed the heads on the motor as well as some other work. He said it's turnkey and dependable. It looks pretty clean for it's age. How do these Commanders stack up with other 21 ft brands from the same era in terms of quality and ride? Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

ahhell
    I have basically the same boat 'cept its a '99, the only problems ive had with it besides pilot error was a leaky oil pan, not at the gasket, but at the dip stick site. there not the fastest thing on the water (45-50 mph fully loaded)
    but im very happy with mine
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...18105_0578.jpg

76ANTHONY
    Been looking to get a boat for the family to enjoy the water again. Does anyone have any personal knowledge of this boat. The owner said he re-did the pump last year and changed the heads on the motor as well as some other work. He said it's turnkey and dependable. It looks pretty clean for it's age. How do these Commanders stack up with other 21 ft brands from the same era in terms of quality and ride? Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.
    NICE BOAT, LOOKS like it was taken care of.

Ziggy
    That looks like the pre-LX models that Ahhell and I own. I had a 94 commander sunstreeker for 10 yrs that was a great boat for my family.
    I believe this one you're looking at might be called Eagle, not quite sure though. The colors are definately mid 90's.
    BIG PLUS is its on a comptetive trailer and not the squeaky Hensleys they were using for a while.
    Looks very clean........

skygod73
    NICE BOAT, LOOKS like it was taken care of.
    76 ANTHONY, do you know this particular boat?
    Ahhel, This has a slightly tweaked 454. What does yours have? I really like your colors.
    Ziggy, It is a 95, and I thought he said it was an LX.
    Am I dreaming to hope a slightly modded 454 can get it to 60 mph? This would be my first jet boat.
    Thanks for the replies!

ahhell
    76 ANTHONY, do you know this particular boat?
    Ahhel, This has a slightly tweaked 454. What does yours have? I really like your colors.
    Ziggy, It is a 95, and I thought he said it was an LX.
    Am I dreaming to hope a slightly modded 454 can get it to 60 mph? This would be my first jet boat.
    Thanks for the replies!
    I just have the stock Marine power 454 with a dominator jet...gets me where I gotsta go