Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant role call

Classic Daycruiser
    Well the lake yesterday (19th) was nice. The normal weekend 1-2 foot boat chop, light winds out of the southwest at 5-10. The water temp was nice. The Boat check was well worth it. I got dinged for 2 items, and both were tire related.
    1) Tire pressure averaged about 20 lbs in each tire. The inspectors had nitrogen gas in a tank, and took care of setting the pressure for me (on the spot).
    2) My trailer tires are not trailer tires. I usually by 4 new Goodyear radial tires about one every 3 years. These are going on there third summer. I'll replacement spring 2008 with the trailer tires. (Start saving now)
    Other than that the boat was in good shape. Lifejackets, whisile, 2 fire extinguishers with the needle pointing in the green. No Zebra mussles attached to the boat. Anchor had a line attached to it and ready to go. I do not remember them asking me for a throw cushion, but I had one. It took about 15 minutes, while I was getting the boat ready to launch.
    It was great seeing those who showed up for the boat check, and those who came by for lunch at the marina Bar & Grill. I was really suprised at how much the marina Bar and Grill has changed. It must be double the size of what it used to be.
    I did have a chance to talk with fish and game about the two bodies that crashed in the lake on May 11th. They told me that there are 3 bodies in Lake Pleasant this year, that have not been recovered. I did not know the extreme fighter had still not been recovered. Next time your out at the lake, you might want to say a little prayer. And hope somebody else finds those bodies before you do. There is a possible chance that they will never be found, and remain in the lake.
    When your speeding across the lake, remember that lake is big. Finding a body is not always possible. Life jacket save lives.

squirt'nmyload
    went up today. was on the water for only a couple hours. there had to be a thousand lake lice up there. launched the boat and went north to the no wake zone to float. ended up floating pretty far back into the no marker zone when two rental lice come hauling ass back there and continuing to do spin outs and weaving around all the other boats for about 30 mins. me and everyone else out there were yelling and blowing horns at them. they would just look up and wave . i saw the 2 jackasses pulling out when we were leaving and they were rented from jet action rentals. guess who is getting a phone call from me tomorrow

460 jus getn it
    went up today. was on the water for only a couple hours. there had to be a thousand lake lice up there. launched the boat and went north to the no wake zone to float. ended up floating pretty far back into the no marker zone when two rental lice come hauling ass back there and continuing to do spin outs and weaving around all the other boats for about 30 mins. me and everyone else out there were yelling and blowing horns at them. they would just look up and wave . i saw the 2 jackasses pulling out when we were leaving and they were rented from jet action rentals. guess who is getting a phone call from me tomorrowThat sucks. The guys at jet action are cool people. We use to rent from them alot before our boating days.

squirt'nmyload
    That sucks. The guys at jet action are cool people. We use to rent from them alot before our boating days.
    not going to bitch them out, i'm just curious if they even tell the renters any boating laws or rules before they turn em loose. it took everything in me to not chase these people down to tell them what they were doing wrong. i did have a word with a guy that did the same thing but he had 2 little kids riding with him. we were at least 150-200 yards in a no wake zone and this ass comes in hot and does circles around us and others. guess what he said.....UHH ITS MY FIRST TIME OUT.....go figure

460 jus getn it
    not going to bitch them out, i'm just curious if they even tell the renters any boating laws or rules before they turn em loose. it took everything in me to not chase these people down to tell them what they were doing wrong. i did have a word with a guy that did the same thing but he had 2 little kids riding with him. we were at least 150-200 yards in a no wake zone and this ass comes in hot and does circles around us and others. guess what he said.....UHH ITS MY FIRST TIME OUT.....go figure
    They tell you about the laws and they ask if anyone has ever rode a ski before. But you know once people get out on the water all that is out the window. They need to make you get a licence to ride a ski, that way you can rule out 50 percent of the jackasses that ride ski's.
    On a side note, im thinking of going to the lake wenesday. I know middle of the week but thats my day off. If your free let me know.

AZJD
    They tell you about the laws and they ask if anyone has ever rode a ski before. But you know once people get out on the water all that is out the window. They need to make you get a licence to ride a ski, that way you can rule out 50 percent of the jackasses that ride ski's.
    On a side note, im thinking of going to the lake wenesday. I know middle of the week but thats my day off. If your free let me know.
    Yu would have to pick the one day I have to work!:idea:

460 jus getn it
    Yu would have to pick the one day I have to work!:idea:
    So, pull a jordy and tell them you had something come up. Come on sucka, i should be there about 12 or 1

Xlration Marine
    Well the lake yesterday (19th) was nice. The normal weekend 1-2 foot boat chop, light winds out of the southwest at 5-10. The water temp was nice. The Boat check was well worth it. I got dinged for 2 items, and both were tire related.
    1) Tire pressure averaged about 20 lbs in each tire. The inspectors had nitrogen gas in a tank, and took care of setting the pressure for me (on the spot).
    2) My trailer tires are not trailer tires. I usually by 4 new Goodyear radial tires about one every 3 years. These are going on there third summer. I'll replacement spring 2008 with the trailer tires. (Start saving now)
    Other than that the boat was in good shape. Lifejackets, whisile, 2 fire extinguishers with the needle pointing in the green. No Zebra mussles attached to the boat. Anchor had a line attached to it and ready to go. I do not remember them asking me for a throw cushion, but I had one. It took about 15 minutes, while I was getting the boat ready to launch.
    It was great seeing those who showed up for the boat check, and those who came by for lunch at the marina Bar & Grill. I was really suprised at how much the marina Bar and Grill has changed. It must be double the size of what it used to be.
    I did have a chance to talk with fish and game about the two bodies that crashed in the lake on May 11th. They told me that there are 3 bodies in Lake Pleasant this year, that have not been recovered. I did not know the extreme fighter had still not been recovered. Next time your out at the lake, you might want to say a little prayer. And hope somebody else finds those bodies before you do. There is a possible chance that they will never be found, and remain in the lake.
    When your speeding across the lake, remember that lake is big. Finding a body is not always possible. Life jacket save lives.
    Shoot that suck's. I found a body once and that was enough for me. He came out of my closet that night, and boy that sucked. Some of the weirdest shit happens to me. I had to take the cops to him in my boat, that sucked bigg time, they tried to rope him. NOT WORKING FOR ME!!So he jumped out (3' of water) and grabbed him by the jacket and put him on shore. That shore line was rotten within 20 secounds, man we sure stink bad when were dead.

squirt'nmyload
    wednesday might work. i get a day off this week. i'll see if i can take wed. i'll let you know, i really need to get out there and stand on it. went out the last 2 weekends and probably only burned 3 gallons

squirt'nmyload
    oh and i broke my reverse cable today but who needs reverse anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast