Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny ramp stories<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
    Yesterday morning at Windsor as we were pulling out for a nice Sunday on the lake and I looked back just in time to catch this. A guy (or gal) with an older F150 was trying to pull the trailer out of the water (with no boat mind you) and the truck tires were in so far you could barely see them, there was a Nordic next to them and the sad part was there was a little kid in the Nordic, anyway this person had the peddle to the metal and the rooster tail was very large and all of it was going INTO the Nordic, plus the person just kept the peddle down and was going nowhere. I felt sorry for the poor family in the Nordic because it was really being douched BIG TIME. I believe it was the Mom who frantically was yelling to stop the water fall and eventually the person did stop but not until the other boat had to have 3 inches of water in it, no kidding it was a good minute or so. then some do-gooders hopped on the truck for weight and tires a spinning off they went. Ahh, Windsor never fails to amuse, hope the little kid was OK!!!! NSF PS anybody else see this??

Mandelon
    Last time I launched I had a mystery issue.... pulled the straps, turned on the blower, backed it in, fired it up and it won't move.....
    Yeah, OK, mental check...in reverse gear, yes. Drive down.. yes....straps off...yes..
    WTF???
    Turns out one of the bunks had the bolt that holds it break on the way down the ramp last time. So the bunk floated up as the boat slid back. The bunk actually wedged itself against the next step in the hull.
    So its basically got a bump stop holding it on the trailer. Aaargh. Other folks in line and I'm there like a dork....blocking the ramp.
    I had my buddy back it up more and I powered forward and pushed the boat a bit sideways by hand, enough so that I could float around the damn bunk.
    As he pulled it up I could see the bunk all cockeyed on the trailer...
    Temp fix with some drywall screws held it till I got some galvy bolts and reattached it..

BigDoug
    Sorry Bobby, doesn't compare to site 6...............................not even close !!

dumbandyoung
    I saw some poor bastard's Ford Ranger break down on the ramp at Elsinore this weekend. If I wasn't so short on time; I would've offered to pull him out.

Kim Hanson
    The best one to date that I seen was this guy with a Glastron, he launched it and had this kid hold it while he parked the truck.....He came back to see his boat sinking, he did his best Ben Johnson back to get his truck and trailer back in the water before his boat sank right at the launch...okay, it's back on and draining...20 minutes have passed away now...she's empty, so the put in the plug and take it for a spin, comes back and lets the kid take it out while he parks the rescue truck.......
    He comes back to the launch waving at this 20 year old kid to come back to the dock, he wants to drive this blue metal flaked thing.........You can see the kid doesn't have a clue what he is doing and comes into the dock at around 20 mph hits the dock just about sending the Ben Johnson wannabe over the far side and taking the nose right off the boat....I was sitting back 30 feet from this laughing my ass off taking pictures..........( . )( . )...........
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1179768100

TahitiTiger
    At lake San Antonio we can normally fit 3 wide at the ramp. So I am backed in on the left side there is another in the middle, anr the guy on the right is almost done. I see the boat come in for the guy in middle, and he is coming in way to hot. And my buddy is holding my boat at the end of the dock. This guy realizes he is coming in to fast throws in in reverse. Well he ends up creating a ton of wake, his boat goes side ways tags the guys boat on the right, and shores it self ontop of his own trailer. It took 4 of us to push the boat off the bunks. So after a heated argument with the guy on the right he gets his boat tied up.
    There is always fun at the ramp

riverratrob
    some time ago I was lake castiac waitng to bring my boat in along with 7 other boats and along comes this gut in a elimanator, he drop his buddy off cuts infront of everyone and crank his boat tunes way loud ,then his buddy cuts in the trailer line in front of us all to bring his boat in.Now he guides the boat up and proceed's to start wiping it down rite there People are screaming at him so he tuns his truck radio real loud to fade us all out ,when he finishes wiping ,they both get in the truck and give us the bird and to really show us that they are the shit burn rubber up the ramp ,they were cool until the boat came off thew trailer and slid 80 ft on it's side .Those guy's were ****in torched by everbody on the ramp and get this started to ask me for help so I gave them the bird and LMAO.

AirtimeLavey
    Katerine's Landing on a windy day is always entertaining, that is once you've dodged it all and gotten on safely.
    I saw these women (butch types), launch a high profile Bayliner cabin cruiser. As they pull away from the dock, she tries to turn around. Not enough room, you could hear the prop grind on the ramp. Now she's heading for the dock across the little channel, and hits the two boats over there. People were in the boats, and tried desperately to bounce her off. They get her bounced off, and I'm thinkin it's all over, when I look back, she's now headed down one of the rows, and trying to turn around! Hits a couple more before she gets the boat out of the row and going towards the lake. Makes you ready to sign up for mandatory licensing.
    When the winds blowing there, I've even had to try more than once to get on. Also, they really need the traffic coordinators there full time. You get people sideways, taking up two+ lanes, waiting for the whole ramp to clear before they back down (holding up the line), etc. It can be a real cluster-f. I'm sure it will be this w/e. :jawdrop:
    Telephone cove can get interesting, too. Gotta watch for the holes. I've dropped the back end of my truck in, and had to get towed out, by finding a hole that somehow the boat trailer missed. Dohh.

YODA
    A few years back, I took the family to Lake San Antonio. I had my boat less than a year. My son says he'll bring it to the ramp for me while I drive the rv. First mistake-he goes to the wrong ramp. While he's waiting he sees a jet make a u-turn at the ramp and leave. He realizes hes at the wrong ramp and .... 2nd mistake-does a u-turn and punches it (doesnt notice the sound of the prop on the cement). Finally gets it on the trailer and I pull it up ...3rd mistake....forgot the raise the drive. When we get to the wipe down area I have about a third of a prop left and the fin is ground down some!!!! DOH!!!

SB
    1. I have boat tied to dock for a moment after launch, next guy lets his boat float off the trailer right back into mine.
    2. Guy has his 9 old son hold the boat at the dock while he goes for the trailer, wind catches the bimini top, blows the boat all over the place.
    3. Guy launches boat, battery dead. We give him a jump, still won't start, he takes the engine cover off and starts tinkerin with it right there at the ramp. We leave. Next day, same spot, same guy, boat won't start. We leave with out offering to help.
    4. Guy backs down ramp, boat rolls off trailer onto cement, outdrive trashed.
    5. Two 99 year old guys, one with walker, try to retrieve pontoon boat, I wade into water, put boat on trailer straight and winch it up. I try to ask politely if they need help, before just rudely taking over, they can't hear me anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast