Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water cooled turbo housings

78hallett-ss
    I need to find a set??? any help... have just the stainless "covers" and they are going to be under my hatch...
    im sure someone has a set in the garage!?!?!?
    thanks!

05schiada
    Good Luck! Those things are like gold to the people that have them. I tried for two years to find a matching set and struck out everytime I tried. I have an extra set now and won't let them go. Carson Brummet has new ones for sale, or you are gonna have to buy a complete set up to get them like I did.

78hallett-ss
    do you know how to get ahold of them? or just 411? in pasadena.... i will keep looking but i have a feeling i will have to bite the bullett if i wanna have my turbos on any time soon...

MKEELINE
    Carson Brummetts number is 626-792-6410.

78hallett-ss
    thanks mk! i still wanna see some pics of your hallett!

MKEELINE
    I'm an absolute retard when it comes to putting pictures up. When I go to upload the picture it says its an invalid file.

LandSpeedRacer
    I know this might sound a bit hoakie, but if you are having cooling problems it might get you by until you can find the housings. I have done this before and it worked great. If you tee into your lake water inlet line just after the pump and before the engine and run a copper tube coiled around your exhaust turbine housing and back out the lake out line, the water cooled copper tube would act as a heat exchanger. You could pack some foil or high heat insulation around the outside of the tubing and install a stainless steel or aluminum sheet metal cover and who would know, if done right.
    I was going to make some covers for my T-4's mainly so no one gets burned, when one day I discovered they were already made . . . . don't laugh . . . . . I was in the cookware section of a local department store and found some stainless steel and aluminum spun bowls that were the perfect shape. I just needed to measure to confirm . . . but have not got that far. I really don't need them as my turbos are out in the wind anyway, but it is an idea :idea: that could save me or someone else a few bucks.
    LSR

BrendellaJet
    I'm an absolute retard when it comes to putting pictures up. When I go to upload the picture it says its an invalid file.
    open the file with microsoft paint(start/programs/accessories/paint) and resave the file as a JPG or Jpeg file instead of a bitmap(.bmp)

78hallett-ss
    I know this might sound a bit hoakie, but if you are having cooling problems it might get you by until you can find the housings. I have done this before and it worked great. If you tee into your lake water inlet line just after the pump and before the engine and run a copper tube coiled around your exhaust turbine housing and back out the lake out line, the water cooled copper tube would act as a heat exchanger. You could pack some foil or high heat insulation around the outside of the tubing and install a stainless steel or aluminum sheet metal cover and who would know, if done right.
    I was going to make some covers for my T-4's mainly so no one gets burned, when one day I discovered they were already made . . . . don't laugh . . . . . I was in the cookware section of a local department store and found some stainless steel and aluminum spun bowls that were the perfect shape. I just needed to measure to confirm . . . but have not got that far. I really don't need them as my turbos are out in the wind anyway, but it is an idea :idea: that could save me or someone else a few bucks.
    LSR
    thanks for the tip! i think i"ll try it! im in the AC industry and copper will be easy... plus i already have the ss covers and a big roll of "cool-it" header wrap.
    oh and certain size ss dog bowls would work! lol... was in the pet industry for a long time too.

MKEELINE
    open the file with microsoft paint(start/programs/accessories/paint) and resave the file as a JPG or Jpeg file instead of a bitmap(.bmp)
    BrendellaJet, thanks for the help.
    Lets see if I can pull this off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast