Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Wino's On Here

burtandnancy2
    While up in the attic, looking for some old boat pictures, I found a bottle of Franciscan Wine, a Chablis, from the Napa Valley, that is about 35+ years old. Does anyone think it will still be good? Unfortunately, it was stored standing up so the cork is probably dry. Any thoughts before I decant....

hoolign
    While up in the attic, looking for some old boat pictures, I found a bottle of Franciscan Wine, a Chablis, from the Napa Valley, that is about 35+ years old. Does anyone think it will still be good? Unfortunately, it was stored standing up so the cork is probably dry. Any thoughts before I decant....
    Ebay!

riverratrob
    If it was in a attic forgetaboutit wines need to be in a mild temp about 68 I think in order to last ,had to be at least 100 plus in there for that many years!

uvindex
    If it was in a attic forgetaboutit wines need to be in a mild temp about 68 I think in order to last ,had to be at least 100 plus in there for that many years!Ditto.
    Unfortunately, the attic is about the worst place to store wine. Storing upright adds insult to injury.

Jyruiz
    If it was in a attic forgetaboutit wines need to be in a mild temp about 68 I think in order to last ,had to be at least 100 plus in there for that many years!
    Yup, and not all wines are meant to be aged.

prosthogod
    probably not even good for vinager

76ANTHONY
    hey it cant be any worse than a bottle of thunderbird

Baja Big Dog
    Congrats on the 35 year old vinagar!! It wont even taste good on a salad..
    Bummer.

scarabrick2
    OPen it up . Put it in a decanter and try it. Most likely its bad. Heat kill wine. Improper storage kills wine. Shaking wine ie: traveling kills wine and I killed a few cases in my time. BUt what do I know, I only grew up in St. Helena calif. for 19 yrs.

76ANTHONY
    mix that shiat with 7up and go for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast