Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamco Jet Boats

UltraJet
    Finally, this website is starting to post newer boats that they have made.
    www.bamcojetboats.com
    These are pretty sweet boats( except for the tangerine/lime). I don't know about those highback seats though. They kind of take away from the looks of the boats. They are getting these boats from Cobra according to the website and Cobra no longer seems to manufacturing the 185 sidewinder which is the same boat. Not sure what is going on there. Nice to see newly manufactured boats with OT headers.

vulgar75
    I called the guy that makes the boat. He said a bare hull weights near 700 pounds. But with a 425 hp big block it runs at 75 mph bone stock. For some reason this doesn't sound right. It might i guess!:idea:

probablecause
    The web site says that Cobra Boats does their "layup" work. I also noticed that on the cobra website, they are no longer advertising their 18' closed bow boat which was one of their flagship boats at the boatshow a couple of years ago at the 2003 boat show. Maybe they sold them off to them.

vulgar75
    He said he has only been building them for about 2 years. There really nice boats. I asked him if they could make a light weight version, he said they could but its gonna cost ya. Less material more money go figure

Nucking futs
    How much lighter would you want to go on a boat like that? If your looking for a river/lake boat I think 500/700 would be perfect...
    Just do your homework on this boat,The mold has been around for a long time.I know at least 5 builders here in so cal that have used it.

UltraJet
    My 2000 Ultra is the same model. I read an earlier post that the founder of Cobra Peformance was originally with Ultra. I think he probably took this hull with him to Cobra. I'm pretty sure originally it was a Southwind. Boat weighs 1900lbs, has 390hp, dominator pump, rideplate, shoe, etc. and will not come close to 75mph. I don't believe this guy from Bamco with regard to his boat's speed. I don't think I can get past 65mph with this setup. It is an awesome boat though!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...G_1928_1_1.jpg

vulgar75
    Well i want something aound 500ibs or less. I'v been doing alot of research on here to find some hull manufactures that make these light hulls. And there is a few places you can purchase them. Lake or river a light weight race hull is ok with me cuz i'm not really worried about handling or taking 5 ppl in it with me. Strait and fast is what i'm lookin for.

Xlration Marine
    Some one said about 50k for one. Thats alot of coin for a little boat.

UltraJet
    That's insane. I don't even think Cobra's version was over 30K with a trailer.:jawdrop:

OverKill
    I just saw that $40,000 for that orange one, that is way to high. Also the front seats are in fact way to high. This guy really needs to change some things. Deiffinatley needs to add some horse power to his motors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast