Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i got a ticket today.

DUNDUN
    does anyone know the maximum mph over the speed limit you can go and still be eligible for traffic school? or if there is one? first tickets suck.

BADBLOWN572
    I got clocked one time @ 35 over the speed limit. Went to the judge and requested traffic school. Luckily he let me have it.
    I heard that 30mph over is the max that they automatically offer traffic school. Not sure though.

DUNDUN
    if youre right than im stoked, i was clocked at 26 over.
    im too young to be screwing up my record..

Cheap Thrills
    Here it's the dreaded 15 over.....
    C.T. :wink:

ULTRA26 # 1
    I believe that it is dependent of the speed limit you exceeded. As I recall, 20 over the max state speed limit, of 70 you will be eligible for traffic school. Anything in excess is up the the judge and/or citing officer. It town, I have been cited for 35 over and was offered traffic school. In this case the officer was full of bull, I went to court and he didn't show. Case closed and I got my bail money back. Record still clean.

Baja Big Dog
    20 over is the rule, varies county to county, sometimes the judge will let you slide.

willowrat
    I just mailed in $400 for 77 in a 45 at the I-40 construction spot. They asked for $29 for traffic school. I took it.

DUNDUN
    i got 96 in a 70 on the 15 going southbound in lake elsinore near main street...
    my record was completely clean prior to this, but im also 18, so i dont know what they will do.
    thanks for the response.

acatitude
    remember you can only go to traffic school I believe once every 18 months , so if you get the school, you better slow down for a year

Classic Daycruiser
    96 mph sounds kinda fast. What do you think you deserve? a slap on the hand or a slap in the face?
    Be careful out there. 96 is pretty fast for 18 years old. I'm sure this is not an isolated incident. Never be the fastest car on the road.:idea:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast