Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Powell fuel grip

chase8
    Heading to Powell to do our annual housebaot trip again on sunday. We'll be there 7 days. I was looking at the fuel prices
    on Waynes site. Premium is $4.36 a gallon at halls fuel dock. It's likely to rise again before the weekend. Last yr it cost us almost $700.00 for my boat when gas was about $3.00 a gallon. Then we put another $670.00 in the houseboat which gets a lovely 1/2 mile to the gallon per engine. By the time I pay annual houseboat dues of $1800.00 all this turns into a pretty expensive week. Guess it's worth it, but seeing these oil companies line their pockets is getting harder and harder for me to swallow. Maybe i'll just leave the houseboat in the slip this yr.

shockwavebd
    What is Waynes site.........?
    Do they sell 91 super anywhere on the lake

ryantparks
    we brought a sh*t load of gas jugs last year for all of the skiis even some 15 gallon jugs that I bought online.
    I feel your pain!

Lavey5150
    As of last year August no Super out at Dangling Rope 70 miles in.......

Tremor Therapy
    Barry I was only able to get super at the marina and in Page. So make sure you get a couple of cases of Lucas 105 to help with the octane problem!
    BTW, how the hell are ya?
    Alan

24sleekenforcer
    Heres the link to Waynes site. good info on Powell
    http://www.wayneswords.com/

AzLakeLizard
    You are on the northend of the lake.. check out the airport at BF and see what they are charging for Ave Gas... Down lake it is in town, the Sinclair near the ramp and at the new Antelope Point Marina.. Dangling Rope has ton's of Octane Boost..
    Just wish we could get the "P.S" to ok putting in premium up there..
    Waynes Words Home Page
    Lake Powell Fishing Information. "QUAGGA MUSSEL ALERT" click here for more info ... Other Lake Powell Resources Glen Canyon National Recreation Area ...
    www.wayneswords.com

BoatFloating
    Dangling Rope has never sold Super and never will. Antelope Point does in the narrows or Halls and Bull Frog at mille marker 93. Thank god our house boat has a 200 gal toy tank they put 91 in. Also it's a launch and retreive so they get land prices on all the gas.

NuckinFutz
    I don't think Bullfrog does 91 octane. If you're planning on doing the Dangling rope, get your octane boost ahead of time and take it with you. The last time I bought any (old boat) the boost cost as much as the fuel.

Chase8,
    Don't know what engine you are running but if it's supercharged, do not use octane boost. I bring two five gallon jugs of 110 and use the fuel blending calculator here (http://www.ranney.com/~mjr/fuel_blend.html) when I fill up at Dangling Rope to get to 91 octane. It ends up cheaper than octane boost and the burn characteristics are better.
    ----Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast