Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime Marine?

living_at_the_river_at_19
    Hey i just found a new site, well atleast what i think is new. Have any of you seen Prime Marine's (rancho cucamonga, ca) new site or any of their work? Do you know if they have rigged any v-drives, or even if there work is clean? From the looks of their detailed site, I would hope to assume the same for their work. Check out there site if you havent seen it its www.primemairneusa.com not primemarine.com thats a different company.

Yes they do excellent work. I'm familiar with them. (you mis-spelled your link too).

I guess i spelled their link wrong, its www.primemarineusa.com
    I was looking at their dual drive boat. Does anybody know how that works?

WILDERTHANU54
    living_at_the_river_at_19:
    Do you know if they have rigged any v-drives PLENTY OF V-DRIVE EXPERIENCE......WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO GET DONE ?

LA Boats
    The guys who started Prime a couple of years ago are probably two of the best rigger/set up guys in the industry. However, John Coggin has left and has his own place in Montclair called Concept Marine and the other guy, Mike King, is the Service Manager for Teague Marine. The guy who is left is kind of a yahoo and only has about 5 years (total) of marine experience. Know of a couple of guys who haven't been happy with them. Just throwin that out there. See for yourself if you want to be sure.

BILLY.B
    LA Boats:
    The guys who started Prime a couple of years ago are probably two of the best rigger/set up guys in the industry. However, John Coggin has left and has his own place in Montclair called Concept Marine and the other guy, Mike King, is the Service Manager for Teague Marine. The guy who is left is kind of a yahoo and only has about 5 years (total) of marine experience. Know of a couple of guys who haven't been happy with them. Just throwin that out there. See for yourself if you want to be sure. Pretty strong words there ,do you know for sure?? Both John Cogan , not Coggin, and Mike King are friends of mine , and so are the guys who are now running Prime marine. I was by there yesterday and they are busy and are pumping out boats. One new Hallett outboard was being rigged for ski racing and a lot of billet hardware was being made for it as I was there , neat looking stuff. so before you go calling someone a YAHOO maybe you'd better get your stories straight , sounds to me that you are miss informed. Just my .02 worth.

LA Boats
    Wow, I thought I was being kind referring to little Mike as a Yahoo. Didn't mean to insult your buddy and he is a nice kid. Just don't agree that it is the place to take a v-drive to since the guys with the skills are gone. By the way, I have plenty of first hand experience with them, not just second hand info. I am not trying to bust anyone's tail here just relaying info that I would want someone to relay to me. But I can understand you sticking up for your buddy. By the way, when was the last time you had him do any rigging or tuning on your flat?

schiada96
    La boats new guy yahoo

Wow, thanks for all the info. Hey la boat dude, you say you dont mean to be harsh, but stating that the guys with all the experience are gone makes you wonder how they are pumping out more boats than before. If the dude thats running the place is a second hand info cat, what hand did king and cogin learn from? Prehaps the "Boat God?"
    Concept Marine, what kind of work are they doing, how long have they been around?

BILLY.B
    LA Boats:
    Wow, I thought I was being kind referring to little Mike as a Yahoo. Didn't mean to insult your buddy and he is a nice kid. Just don't agree that it is the place to take a v-drive to since the guys with the skills are gone. By the way, I have plenty of first hand experience with them, not just second hand info. I am not trying to bust anyone's tail here just relaying info that I would want someone to relay to me. But I can understand you sticking up for your buddy. By the way, when was the last time you had him do any rigging or tuning on your flat? Happen to have a lot of friends in the buisness of rigging boats. Ray Brown ( BIESEMEYER BOATS)/ Gary Teague (GT PERFORMANCE)/ along with the others guys mentioned. Mikey has been givin a chance to run Prime marine and make ago of it. Mikey has been around for awhile doing work for Brad Anderson racing engines and with GT performance , not to mention he worked with John Cogan and with Mike King. So it's not as if he doesn't know whats going on!!!. As far as sticking up for a friend, I would sure hope someone would do the same for me if someone was trying to take buisness from me without my knowledge. To your other question , Ray Brown rigged my flatty and when ever I need to upgrade something I usally do it myself , and as far as the engine goes , Jim Vangordon racing engines does that for me .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast