Thread: The seller ended the listing early and cancelled all bids

superdave013
    I hate it when someone does this to me on e bay.
    I almost got a good deal on some imco exhaust stuff untill he pulled the plug. I know he did it because the bids were so low. He started it at 1.00 and it was at 31.25 with me as the high bidder.
    What it was was some off shore exhasut mufflers. I got hassled with not muffs on my turbo engine at a local lake before. Thses were supa sweet and were going cheep. (IMCO is proud of their stuff $$$) I was going to weld a flange to bolt then to my turbos when needed. Oh well.
    this guy punked me

BK
    See now this stuff really pisses me off. I've had this happen to me twice and on just about every one of my auctions I get at least one email about ending the auction early. The key word here for those people to remember is AUCTION!!!! They need to redo there feedback system so as a bidder if someone end's there auction early you can leave a feedback to let others know, or if someone try's to get you to end the auction early there should be some way to report it. Mabye there allready is?

wsuwrhr
    Dave you don't need mufflers anyway. That is what a turbo is for, the most expensive muffler system.
    Brian
    (working on a quote right now)

superdave013
    wsuwrhr:
    Dave you don't need mufflers anyway. That is what a turbo is for, the most expensive muffler system.
    Brian
    (working on a quote right now) I do sometimes. Just wanted the option. I've had the man look in my pipes and see no muffs and give me the boo hoo. That happend at smellsomemore if you can believe that.
    The high bid was for 31.26. For that cheep I could not have gone wrong. Those IMCO 4.5 deals list for 475.00 a pair!

wsuwrhr
    Imco is definitely proud of those bad boys. As someone in "the business", I wonder where the costs go in parts like that.
    Brian

Can't help but think he intended the starting bid to be $100 not $1.00.
    Dave, those just look like a fancy holder for the same mufflers that came with my Bassett headers. You could whip up something like that in no time...

superdave013
    OLDSQUIRT:
    Can't help but think he intended the starting bid to be $100 not $1.00.
    Dave, those just look like a fancy holder for the same mufflers that came with my Bassett headers. You could whip up something like that in no time... Yours are 4", those were 4.5
    And yes, that was my original plan to use my 4" slip ins. but the price was looking right.
    Oh well

superdave013
    wsuwrhr:
    Imco is definitely proud of those bad boys. As someone in "the business", I wonder where the costs go in parts like that.
    Brian Make a set and after they are polished and done see how much time you have in them.
    Just the punch press to stamp those loovers in the inners would cost a shit load.
    I work in a fab shop. That stuff takes more time then you would think.
    [ April 21, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

wsuwrhr
    Ok Dave, sorry. Ha ha, geez.
    In my younger days I ran a punch press. I know there is quite a bit of work in them, and stainless isn't cheap, but it still seems high. Maybe that is why I have no mufflers yet. The Borla header mufflers I want are 800.00. Good reason I don't have any yet.
    Brian