Thread: Ron Paul is the man

ekbearly

Rudy makes me sick
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070524/...dyzxxdYkiiFcAD W7oF
    what a jackass

ekbearly
    Rudy is the jackass

eliminatedsprinter
    I love Rep. Paul's views on big government, taxes, and domestic policy. However, his views on islamism, 911, etc are silly, and I am glad Mayor Giuliani stood up and countered his nutty comment at the debates. :idea:

ekbearly
    I'm sorry... but to say that us being over in their countries doesn't lead to bad feelings toward us is just stupid. Of course they are not going to like us influencing their part of the world. To ignore that is just being blind. The head of the CIA at the time of 9/11 and the 9/11 commission report both said that our involvement in the middle east is increasing feelings of hatred toward us. We didn't cause 911 (and Ron Paul isn't saying that... the media and Rudy portrayed him that way)... but we will be better off staying out of their business and working on our own defense here at home.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I'm sorry... but to say that us being over in their countries doesn't lead to bad feelings toward us is just stupid. Of course they are not going to like us influencing their part of the world. To ignore that is just being blind. The head of the CIA during 911 and the 911 report both said that our involvement in the middle east increasing feelings of hatred toward us. We didn't cause 911... but we will be better off staying out of their business and working on our own defense here at home.
    Well said.
    Peace

asch
    I'm sorry... but to say that us being over in their countries doesn't lead to bad feelings toward us is just stupid. Of course they are not going to like us influencing their part of the world. To ignore that is just being blind. The head of the CIA at the time of 9/11 and the 9/11 commission report both said that our involvement in the middle east is increasing feelings of hatred toward us. We didn't cause 911 (and Ron Paul isn't saying that... the media and Rudy portrayed him that way)... but we will be better off staying out of their business and working on our own defense here at home.
    Isolation and ignorance doesn't work. Been there done that. WWII and the Korean conflict as well as Vietnam might not have occurred had we dealt with the problems abroad sooner.
    Just exactly what do you think hostile countries will do should we remove our presence? If those countries that desire our removal from within their borders, do you think all will be ok and peace will ensue? I think not. Those countries want us out so they can conduct their plotting against other nations. With us having bases and G2 prencence, it's difficult to plan out, train for, and conduct terrorism. Who, besides the obvious countries, doesn't want us within their borders anyway?
    Going on 6 years with no attack on the US....I don't care who you are, someone's doing something right.

ekbearly
    We are supposed to have trade ties with other countries and keep those ties friendly. Non-intervention is really sucking for Switzerland... wait no it's not.
    Korea and Vietnam were a result of us policing the world, not non-intervention. WWI and II were a result of us getting involved in too many treaties and alliances.
    Your argument means that we have to police the whole world. You can't choose to fight one bad guy unless you fight them all. Why aren't we in all of the countries in Africa and the middle east where abuses are taking place? Why aren't we in China where atrocities still take place all of the time and where they had a nuke pointed at us within the last 2 years?
    The polls in Iraq say they want us out. Not sure where you stake your claim that all countries want us in their borders. Why do the people of almost every country dislike us? (France, Britain, Russia, etc. etc.) Because they see us as trying to impose our will on other countries.
    Do you not think that if we went and invaded those countries and toppled their govt. they might retaliate? That is what we have done repeatedly in the middle east and yet we say they hate us because we have freedom. That is republican crap. Lose the allegiance to a party and pledge it to our country and what is best for it. By the way... our founders were strict believers in non-intervention. But I'm sure you think their ideas are irrelevant compared to the timely idea of our current "great" leaders.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Isolation and ignorance doesn't work. Been there done that. WWII and the Korean conflict as well as Vietnam might not have occurred had we dealt with the problems abroad sooner.
    Just exactly what do you think hostile countries will do should we remove our presence? If those countries that desire our removal from within their borders, do you think all will be ok and peace will ensue? I think not. Those countries want us out so they can conduct their plotting against other nations. With us having bases and G2 prencence, it's difficult to plan out, train for, and conduct terrorism. Who, besides the obvious countries, doesn't want us within their borders anyway?
    ]Going on 6 years with no attack on the US....I don't care who you are, someone's doing something right
    I can't imagine that China or N. Korea want us inside their borders either. If fact, they won't allow it.
    Seems to me that we went nearly eight years without an attack on the US between the 1st and 2nd Trade Center attacks, and we did so without being involved in a war the entire time. Prior to 1993, what other attacks were there. I don't recall any others since Pearl Harbor. Many more than 6 years.
    Stating that you know what will happen, when we bring the majority of our troops home from Iraq, suggests that you believe you can predict the future. Maybe you can help me. Who is going to win the eight race tomorrow at Santa Anita?
    If you are suggesting that our efforts in Iraq have been successful, you are contradicting military experts who continue to state otherwise. We are all waiting for the General's progress report that is due this Sept. which most don't expect will be positive.
    Peace

eliminatedsprinter
    We are supposed to have trade ties with other countries and keep those ties friendly. Non-intervention is really sucking for Switzerland... wait no it's not.
    Korea and Vietnam were a result of us policing the world, not non-intervention. WWI and II were a result of us getting involved in too many treaties and alliances.
    Your argument means that we have to police the whole world. You can't choose to fight one bad guy unless you fight them all. Why aren't we in all of the countries in Africa and the middle east where abuses are taking place? Why aren't we in China where atrocities still take place all of the time and where they had a nuke pointed at us within the last 2 years?
    The polls in Iraq say they want us out. Not sure where you stake your claim that all countries want us in their borders. Why do the people of almost every country dislike us? (France, Britain, Russia, etc. etc.) Because they see us as trying to impose our will on other countries.
    Do you not think that if we went and invaded those countries and toppled their govt. they might retaliate? That is what we have done repeatedly in the middle east and yet we say they hate us because we have freedom. That is republican crap. Lose the allegiance to a party and pledge it to our country and what is best for it. By the way... our founders were strict believers in non-intervention. But I'm sure you think their ideas are irrelevant compared to the timely idea of our current "great" leaders.
    Wow, so many assumptions based on "facts" that are (to my limited knowedge) not in evidence. Please fill me in with some examples of what you are talking about. I guess a good place to start would be if you could provide some places and dates etc of the times we (The United States of America) "repeatedly" invaded and toppled nations in the middle east....Who have we invaded and toppled in the middle east, besides Saddam's Iraq?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast