Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone Identify this oil pan?

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have this V-Drive pan. I would like to order a pick-up for it. Can anyone tell me what kind it is. The spot for the dip stick tube is threaded. Is this normal? It also has a couple spots with plugs in the sides. What are these for? I know it looks kinda Shitty, but it was free.
    I have run my 402 BBC for the last 4 years with a regular pan. eek! So far it has never missed a beat. I will be putting it in my Nordic. I figured before my luck runs out...I better ad a V-Drive pan. wink
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/oil_pan_3.JPG[/img]

DansBlown73Nordic
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/oil_pan_2.JPG[/img]

DansBlown73Nordic
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/oil_pan_1.JPG[/img]

VD CRUISER
    The inside of that pan looks something like the one I use. Im not sure of the mfg., as mine was free also. You will need a pickup that runs from the pump to the other end of the pan. You can probably get one from Dooley Enterprises that will work if you send them a good picture of it. You definatley should use a V-drive pan if you start accelerating and turning hard.

VD CRUISER
    Dan, I forgot, I use one of the plug holes for a temperture sender, and I have a short threaded dipstick that looks like it was made from regular drain plug.

DansBlown73Nordic
    That makes sense. I never thought of a temp. gauge. Will any pick-up work? The pan has been sand-blasted and needs it again. Im not sure how to get the sand out of the door hinges.

VD CRUISER
    I'm not sure that any pickup will work. Mine has a support that attaches to the windage tray, some attach to the main bearing bolts or studs. I still think Dooley may be able to help. For the sand, if there is any oil residue left use Gunk and flush with lots of water. You can also slosh soapy water around in there and flush with lots of water.

Sangster
    I personnally wouldnt use a pan that been sand blasted....At least not on my motor.......

superdave013
    Sangster:
    I personnally wouldnt use a pan that been sand blasted....At least not on my motor....... Ditto! You just can't get it all out.

dossangers
    She's look'in pretty rough. long bch swap meet i found a hamburger for 100.00 best place!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast