Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudder?

JENKDICK
    I Am New To Boats And Have A 2002 Ultra 21xs. I Have Seen A Couple Jets With What Looks To Be A Rudder Hanging Down From The Jet. Is This Necessary? Mine Doesnt Have One And I Am Curious What The Benefit Would Be If Any To Add One.

FOURQ
    I Am New To Boats And Have A 2002 Ultra 21xs. I Have Seen A Couple Jets With What Looks To Be A Rudder Hanging Down From The Jet. Is This Necessary? Mine Doesnt Have One And I Am Curious What The Benefit Would Be If Any To Add One.
    none you dont need one !!!

INFINITEJJ
    Took mine off years ago. Packed it with me for a couple of trips just in case, but never looked back. Possibly helps at idle (no wake zones) to keep the boat staighter (if you can call it that). The only other thing it did was get stuck in the sand when beaching the boat or at the sandbar. I still have it if you want to try it, your more than welcome to it for the price of shipping, but I don't think you want it.
    JON

b's sanger
    I have tried mine both ways. Much safer to have it on IMO.

ck7684
    Mine has one but I cant see what good it does. Without any throttle my boat doesnt steer at all. I've found that the easiest way for me to dock it to head straight on at it, crank the wheel all the way over, and when I'm a couple feet from hitting I just goose the gas and it spins the boat 90* for a perfect park job every time!!

centerhill condor
    Mine has one but I cant see what good it does. Without any throttle my boat doesnt steer at all. I've found that the easiest way for me to dock it to head straight on at it, crank the wheel all the way over, and when I'm a couple feet from hitting I just goose the gas and it spins the boat 90* for a perfect park job every time!!
    ditto! and you will learn not to oversteer the boat. Let the boat do the work.

Dominator Scott
    I for one didn't like the way the Sanger handled without a rudder so now I have one on it again thanks to a fellow member here that shipped an extra one he had to me. It's pretty much a personal preference.:idea:

JENKDICK
    Good Info Guys. Thanks For The Response. Sounds Like I Will Just Leave It Without.

Lightning
    Good Info Guys. Thanks For The Response. Sounds Like I Will Just Leave It Without.
    I have the same boat. Mine does not have one, pump is a Dominator 12S. I know that some pumps do have them, however it won't make a noticable difference.

b's sanger
    If you can borrow one to see the difference i would recommend that. I too have a Sanger and didn't like the way it handled without it. May be a Sanger thing though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast