Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic Service dept

havasu522
    Beware . They seem to think when you drop your boat off that its card blanch . I dropped off my (NEW) (17hrs) deck boat off to Them for its service and minor warrenty work . Was told 300 dollars to do service . A little high but they built it so I figured ok. Mistake !!!!! They tried to charge me for warrenty work and for some reason they did a injection service and replaced the fuel filter At first they said 699.00 after adjusting for the warrenty work it was 420.00 which I paid . Not 300.00 and not what was to be done but I want my boat back so I paid. Oh did I tell you they think they did me a favor ?They wanted to know if I was happy with the reduction in price . Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:

stoker22405
    Johns Custom Marine
    Stoker Boats
    714-827-7920
    In Stanton/Anaheim area..Not very close to you but worth the drive.

Bradman
    Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:
    I took my boat to Aaron over at Absolute Speed and Marine last Saturday. My impeller went out with only 80 hours on it. Took it to Magic first, but they had no mechanic on duty. They said they might have a mechanic come in at 2:00pm, but on garuntee. Walked up to Salavge and they were closing up for the day. Walked over to Absoulte and they were getting ready to close, but instead, they stayed opened and fixed my boat in about two hours. Charge me just over $200.00 which I thought was very fair. Absolute earned my business. Thanks Aaron.

imnigel
    Beware . They seem to think when you drop your boat off that its card blanch . I dropped off my (NEW) (17hrs) deck boat off to Them for its service and minor warrenty work . Was told 300 dollars to do service . A little high but they built it so I figured ok. Mistake !!!!! They tried to charge me for warrenty work and for some reason they did a injection service and replaced the fuel filter At first they said 699.00 after adjusting for the warrenty work it was 420.00 which I paid . Not 300.00 and not what was to be done but I want my boat back so I paid. Oh did I tell you they think they did me a favor ?They wanted to know if I was happy with the reduction in price . Wow . So does anyone know of a honest company to do service ?:idea:
    I had similar issues with Magic’s service department. Now I go to Jimmy Chongs(sp) in Havasu. 928.855.7259. My buddy dropped my boat of and picked it up before they even charged me. I called him the next day and paid for it. It was only $285 for the 20hr service. AWESOME service!!!

Invisible Sun
    My boat just got back from Chong's. I had a leak in the outdrive with only 48 hours on the meter. It's two years old so it wasn't covered under the warranty. Anyway Jim pulled the props off and pressurized the housing. He called me yesterday and said that there must have been something in the seal because there isn't any leaks to fix. I must have dislodged that fishing line (or whatever it was) with a couple of blasts accross the lake. Wow, I was suprised. I expected him to come back and tell that they didn't see a leak, but replaced the seals anyway. On top of it all, he picked the boat up from Advantage storage and took it back after he was done. Haven't met him in person, but I can tell that he's a great guy to work with.
    S

BAK2RVR
    Also just got the boat back from Jim at Chong Marine. Jim picked up the boat and dropped it off. Been using him for several years now and no issues.

Racey
    My impeller went out with only 80 hours on it.
    How long did you expect it to last, that's way pushin the limit.
    We were doing them every 2 seasons to help save our customers money (every 50-60 hours) but after having one go we do full services now, once you have the boat in the shop the change oil and the rest the waterpump is just cheap insurance at that point.

dirtmoverjeff
    should have bought a conquest

Not So Fast
    Fuel filter at 17 Hrs, are you sure?? I believe they do that at 100 hrs if thats what you are talking about and not the water separator. I just did my FUEL FILTER and they are expensive but that was at 120 hrs.
    Thats why your boat mechanic has to be honest as well as knowledgable which mine is.
    You should have all filters (not fuel), fluids (engine oil & drive oil), drive alignment and replace the impeller done for your YEARLY SERVICE and that will give you the best chance of not breaking down. Good luck, NSF

Not So Fast
    Oh, I forgot, your 20 hour service is very important, probably the most important one. NSF

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast