Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliber 1 Boats

waterluvr
    Anybody know anything about these new boats? Their web site leaves a lot to be desired.
    I remember in the early 90's they were made in Simi or Chatsworth and were pretty nice boats.
    The new company is in Corona.
    I always like their 24 footer.
    Thanks

Havasu1986
    Cliff Lotz started the company in the the early 90's in Anaheim. I knew him back in the early 80's when he owned a upholstery shop. He got into some tax problems and some how the guys at Shockwave got a hold of his molds and started building their boats. He then sold the company and they are in Corona now. I think Cliff still works for them now. When I meet my wife she had a 21 Magnum.

Daytona100
    Two of my buddies have Caliber-1 boats. Very well built boats after ten plus years no stress cracks gell still holding up and ride real nice.

Havasu Sun
    I was looking at craigs list in orange county for boats, came across a guy selling his calibur hull that he had been waiting for for years. selling hull only for 16K when they finish it. Looks like the courts had to get involved because they didnt deliver on time, 4 yrs late??? There is probably alot more to the story.

Mrs.Racer277
    Anybody know anything about these new boats? Their web site leaves a lot to be desired.
    I remember in the early 90's they were made in Simi or Chatsworth and were pretty nice boats.
    The new company is in Corona.
    I always like their 24 footer.
    Thanks
    They are not really New??? We bought ours used from Caliber, the owner was having another made by them. We have been more then happy with it.

boatsnblondes
    I've known Cliff for years, remember him from when I was a kid and he was at Eliminator over in Anahiem off the 91. Then remember him from the shop over off La Palma was it?? I must say, that even though I was sorta impressed by C1, I NEVER really liked Cliff, this is just my take, I'm sure there are guys one here who love him, but I never jived with him, thus, I never saw myself getting a boat from him. I'll say this, I thought in the early days over in Anahiem, he made a good boat, I liked it, but after he left, I lost touch with him, and never looked in on his stuff again....

RaceFace
    Wasn't Caliber 1 and offshoot of Ultimate? I dealt with Carter Reed at Ultimate in '96 when I was in the market (ended getting an Ultra). His attitude and smack talking in front of me, I swore I would never buy anything he had to sell ...and I told him so. The salesman didnt know what to do....he was so embarassed. I think he ended up working for either Essex or Carrera years later.

TopGun4608
    Cliff left Caliber a few months back. I dont know what he is doing now... to my knowledge...a new company was in the works but I know after he sold caliber he was managing it for the new guy who came in and bought it... I met the guy who bought it once or twice and he knew Jack shit about boats so I dont know if they are still going to be built like cliff wanted them to be.

bigq
    Wasn't Caliber 1 and offshoot of Ultimate? I dealt with Carter Reed at Ultimate in '96 when I was in the market (ended getting an Ultra). His attitude and smack talking in front of me, I swore I would never buy anything he had to sell ...and I told him so. The salesman didnt know what to do....he was so embarassed. I think he ended up working for either Essex or Carrera years later.
    No it wasn't. Danny at Shockwave and Cliff were Caliber 1 back in the day.

Desert Rat
    Mine is going on 15 years old and still holding up very well. No stress cracks in the gel but it does have a few flaws in the gel. Overall a nice boat. BUT alot can and will change in 15 years. I would not buy from the new owner from that things I've heard, most likely would be looking at an Ultra if I was in the market. Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast