Thread: what is rocker

Canyon, hondo, cole, the difference being rocker? Still new to the game. Will someone explain what rocker is? As far as the XH-511 hondo being the worst handling of the bunch, as stated by hemeroid, mine handles great. Last wednesday I took it to casitas, first time out. First time driving a flat for that matter. Took my time getting used to the boat. After some time driving around I jumped on it. Even with zero experience in a flat, I was never uncomfortable. Went straight, rode flat, and never pulled left or right. F'ing solid. I know this is not a race boat, but 98mph on gps aint slow either.

Gunslinger, I am from Newbury Park. What motor do you have in the Hondo? Rocker is just that. Think of it like a rocking chair. Hondos don't have alot of it.

smalls
    gunslinger:
    Canyon, hondo, cole, the difference being rocker? Still new to the game. Will someone explain what rocker is? As far as the XH-511 hondo being the worst handling of the bunch, as stated by hemeroid, mine handles great. Last wednesday I took it to casitas, first time out. First time driving a flat for that matter. Took my time getting used to the boat. After some time driving around I jumped on it. Even with zero experience in a flat, I was never uncomfortable. Went straight, rode flat, and never pulled left or right. F'ing solid. I know this is not a race boat, but 98mph on gps aint slow either.
    [ September 10, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

smalls
    smalls:
    gunslinger:
    Canyon, hondo, cole, the difference being rocker? Still new to the game. Will someone explain what rocker is? As far as the XH-511 hondo being the worst handling of the bunch, as stated by hemeroid, mine handles great. Last wednesday I took it to casitas, first time out. First time driving a flat for that matter. Took my time getting used to the boat. After some time driving around I jumped on it. Even with zero experience in a flat, I was never uncomfortable. Went straight, rode flat, and never pulled left or right. F'ing solid. I know this is not a race boat, but 98mph on gps aint slow either.I think he was pokin fun at his buddy that also has a very fast XH-511 and races it in BGF.
    They are a good boat, One of the better flat's out there.

Jetboatguru, the hondo has a 427bbc,kinda mild compared to the stuff guys on this post are running. 10.5:1, roller cam, 2 holleys, the usual hot rod crap. Cant wait to fix all the minor stuff that comes with a used boat and bolt in a serious engine. A serious lake engine of course. Ha Ha.