Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Pics From Dana Point Today......

STLRFAN
    Nice pics! I was heading down there today with the kids in the convertible and we hit PCH at Crown Valley and were freezing....it was cloudy at 12:30. We made a U-turn and went out to Cooks Corner for some food, beers and to check out the bikes....and stay in the sun. Did it ever clear up down there?
    You have to love Cooks Corner, great place to enjoy a Sunday afternoon.

hotlavey
    Yea, Turks has the best Bloody Mary's.....a glass full of ice and vodka and a shot of Bloody Mary mix......they make the strongest drinks on the coast!
    Would this be the same Turks that used to be on PCH near either Seal or Sunset beach years ago?

BajaMike
    Would this be the same Turks that used to be on PCH near either Seal or Sunset beach years ago?
    I'm not sure but I think it's a different owner.......Turk was an old time movie extra/stunt man/muscle man.....the bar has pictures all over it from his old movies and with old time actors.....Like he as one of the chariott drivers in Ben Hur. He died a couple years ago and his daughter runs it now.

BajaMike
    You have to love Cooks Corner, great place to enjoy a Sunday afternoon.
    Yea, Cooks Corner is a blast....especially on a holiday weekend.

BajaMike
    The PWC trailer is pretty clever. Nice design.
    The Good Ship Lollipop is been around a spell. I remember them at the boatshow. Forget the brand name, good price & teriffic little boat for it's heyday in the 70's.
    "You can tow it with a Toyota" was their sales pitch in the era of expensive 50 cents a gallon gas if I re-call right, and the sales price included a trailer which was a novelty idea back when.
    Boat builders were a generous lot.
    Note the classic 4 cycle Bearcat outboard. It was 40 years ahead of it's time with 4 stroke, and rumored to be one hell-of-a-good motor, dates back to 1962, and don't hold me to it, but I think may still be in production in some little cottage industry shop someplace.
    Your friends looks fresh so maybe it's so.
    I think it's 55 hp and featured colossal fuel economy, and was the first outboard to consider & address saltwater service corrosion,, not sure.
    Rumor was Honda copied it's unique engine design, damfino.
    Bearcat may have made big 4 stroke chainsaws too,,, something rings a bell in my empty head.
    It featured a dry ride was another strong selling point, as was it's relative good ride for a small boat.
    Which Hennessys does he work at? I got questions.
    Great pix.
    TPC......I didn't notice at the time it was a four stroke......when it finally started....not a bit of smoke......
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180326127

hotlavey
    Mike,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do remember some bad looking guy with a bald head or mustache or something being there. I guess that was him as he was always there when I was.

BajaMike
    Mike,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do remember some bad looking guy with a bald head or mustache or something being there. I guess that was him as he was always there when I was.
    Must be the same Turk.....big, shaved head muscle man, even in his seventies he was a big, strong guy.

al cole'holic
    ...what's the weather in Dana now...?...I was gonna hit the road and head down

BajaMike
    The sun just came out about a half hour ago.....sunny at the beach!......

BajaMike
    ...what's the weather in Dana now...?...I was gonna hit the road and head down
    From my deck, today at 12:25.....looking twards San Clemente....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180380363

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast