Thread: LOG exhaust question.... HELP!

Screemy1
    I have installed the exhaust tips into the transom... then mounted the left side exhaust manifold and riser... then went to install the right side and the riser wont clear the back part of the engine compartment by alomst 2 "... the exhaust bolts up more towards the rear on the right side of the engine, the left fits perfectly but the right riser hits the back of the boat, I could cut an ugly notch out of the back and then destroy the splash gaurd... but I do not want to do that... what can I do??? I was thinking of seeing if a metal shop could cut 2 inches off the manifold, then retap some holes for the riser studs... ever hear of people having to do that? what else can I do?

bakerjet
    can you rotate the riser?:idea:

Screemy1
    I tried to rotate to the left.... but then it was almost completly sideways... so the water would be able to come up... maybe to the right... I will try in the morning... but I don't think it will work.... but it is worth a try..... thanks... i will play with it some more....

probablecause
    pictures.

Moneypitt
    what can I do??? I was thinking of seeing if a metal shop could cut 2 inches off the manifold, then retap some holes for the riser studs... ever hear of people having to do that? what else can I do?
    I think you will find the end plates of the manifold are just in the end. If you cut any off you will just have the water jackets exposed and no flange to thread into. Now if you cut the necessary material out ahead of the end plate and had the end plate re welded in, maybe?? It is not un common to see the boat modified to allow the riser to fit......One other option, move the motor forward???.........MP

twowheeledfish
    My first thought was also to move the engine forward. Pics needed. There may be enough wiggle room with the spline to move the engine forward without unnecessary fanfare.

Old Guy
    I have installed the exhaust tips into the transom... then mounted the left side exhaust manifold and riser... then went to install the right side and the riser wont clear the back part of the engine compartment by alomst 2 "... the exhaust bolts up more towards the rear on the right side of the engine, the left fits perfectly but the right riser hits the back of the boat, I could cut an ugly notch out of the back and then destroy the splash gaurd... but I do not want to do that... what can I do??? I was thinking of seeing if a metal shop could cut 2 inches off the manifold, then retap some holes for the riser studs... ever hear of people having to do that? what else can I do?
    I had the same problem with Glenwood logs. Had to switch to Hardin which are a couple inches shorter. I kept the Glenwood risers.

twowheeledfish
    I had the same problem with Glenwood logs. Had to switch to Hardin which are a couple inches shorter. I kept the Glenwood risers.
    And I like this solution best.

bakerjet
    ^^ check ebay