Thread: My new (to me) Donzi

brwn234
    I just bought a '00 Donzi 22zx. I'm so excited. The only boat I've owned before this was a Hawaiian Jetboat. I've got a million questions and things I want to do. I'll get to all of them sometime soon. But for now I just have a few.
    Boat covers-I've got a cockpit cover thats in good shape but I want to get a full cover. Is there any site on the internet that sells quality covers that fit well and are affordable?
    Fuel odor in Cabin- Every time I get in the cabin there's a strong smell of fuel. The cockpit and the engine compartment dont have anywhere near as strong an odor. I couldnt imagine staying in there for more than 5 minutes. Where could this be coming from? Any ideas on how to make the cabin bearable and useful for more than just storage?

beaverretriever
    Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forums.

spectras only
    Congrats on the ZX . It's a pretty good boat for rough water ,with a lot more freeboard compared to the 22 classic .I would investigate about the fuel odor right away.Is the filler in the forward section of the boat ? The filler hose may have a loose fitting at the tank . Go to www.nwoffshore.com , and send a pm to "Uncle Fester" , he's got a 22 ZX . He might be able to tell you if there was any issues with this model .Westland boat covers , they have a cover for nearly any make !
    http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=15176F