Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine Headers

reDECKulous
    I know I know... Two posts about headers in an hour. Anyway, anyone running these Eddie Marine headers on their 496HO? The seem to be a littel cheaper than the CMI, just want to make sure I'm not sacrificing any quality.
    Eric

tamalewagon
    Have you looked at Lightning headers too? They're a little less expensive than CMI and probably weigh less than the Eddie Marine headers.

Nordic35Flame
    DANA MARINE PRODUCTS, their 496 KIT is badass. It's a complete kit, we bolted on in my buddies garage in 3 hours, with normal tools, and he picked up 8mph. I think he paid like $2700 complete

Hotcobra270
    DANA MARINE PRODUCTS, their 496 KIT is badass. It's a complete kit, we bolted on in my buddies garage in 3 hours, with normal tools, and he picked up 8mph. I think he paid like $2700 complete
    What size boat did the headers go on?
    8mph is HUGE!

Not So Fast
    I agree, Dana with the complete kit is the direction I would go, lots of stuff to relocate if you use others. Pick up 8mph I switched from a 496 HO/24p to an HP 500/26p which comes with CMI headers included and I went from 68 mph to 72+ so these claims leave me very confused, it is just not that easy to pickup 8mph but whatever :idea: NSF

Nordic35Flame
    Sorry 6 mph MY BAD

Not So Fast
    Sorry 6 mph MY BAD
    No problemo Flame, still 6mph is confusing after what I did and the results are the absolute truth. If you use 12-15 hp for a 1 mph increase then my results are spot on, thats all I can say. NSF

reDECKulous
    What were you running stock with the 496ho/24p? I can't seem to get close to 68 with my boat.
    I agree, Dana with the complete kit is the
    direction I would go, lots of stuff to relocate if you use others. Pick up 8mph I switched from a 496 HO/24p to an HP 500/26p which comes with CMI headers included and I went from 68 mph to 72+ so these claims leave me very confused, it is just not that easy to pickup 8mph but whatever :idea: NSF

Not So Fast
    What were you running stock with the 496ho/24p? I can't seem to get close to 68 with my boat.
    In Feb, with two guys and half fuel, fairly flat water the best I saw was 68 on the nose. Summer time 64+ so if your boat is new or you have only run summer temps then there you go. I see all of these claims of high gains but what I did resulted in a 4+ mph gain with a step up in prop also. And as stated the HP 500 has CMI exhaust stock. Will your boat sound and perform better, I would say yes, absolutely, but to expect even 4mph is a stretch IMO and we have the same boat so its apples to apples and thats the truth!!! :idea: Good luck and I would use the internally runnered Danas so that everything bolts up and no fabricating Again .JMO NSF

reDECKulous
    Awesome, thanx for the advise. I can't seem to touch 64 or 68 regardless of how many people are in the boat. I'm topping out around 55.... not sure what the reason might be... only have 45 hours on the boat.
    Eric

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast