Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine Headers

Cole Trickle
    Awesome, thanx for the advise. I can't seem to touch 64 or 68 regardless of how many people are in the boat. I'm topping out around 55.... not sure what the reason might be... only have 45 hours on the boat.
    Eric
    What are you topping out at RPM wise?
    Are your numbers speedo or GPS?
    IMO...If your only seeing 55 you either have lead filled sponsons or something is wrong with your motor.
    My 28 sleek with a 496HO runs anywhere from 60-65 GPS with a labbed 24 at 5100rpms.(Boat is usualy loaded and has lots of stereo weight)
    This weekend I lost about 600 RPM's and 6-8 MPH (Chris at Prestige thinks I am down a cylinder)

epeagle
    i believe the eddie manifolds are aluminum...that would save a ton of transom weight too!

reDECKulous
    Speedo
    RPM's are maxing out around 4500... boat just seems sluggish... I don't know the first thing about engine's so I'm in the dark on this one... any advise is appreciated. Tech at Magic said it probably needs a tune up...?
    Eric
    What are you topping out at RPM wise?
    Are your numbers speedo or GPS?
    IMO...If your only seeing 55 you either have lead filled sponsons or something is wrong with your motor.
    My 28 sleek with a 496HO runs anywhere from 60-65 GPS with a labbed 24 at 5100rpms.(Boat is usualy loaded and has lots of stereo weight)
    This weekend I lost about 600 RPM's and 6-8 MPH (Chris at Prestige thinks I am down a cylinder)

Cole Trickle
    Speedo
    RPM's are maxing out around 4500... boat just seems sluggish... I don't know the first thing about engine's so I'm in the dark on this one... any advise is appreciated. Tech at Magic said it probably needs a tune up...?
    Eric
    What size prop?(24)
    They propped me wrong from the factory when I bought my boat so stranger things have happend. 4500 is way too low so you either have prop or motor issues.(You need to be as close to the limiter as you can without hitting it)
    I think you need to take it in for warranty and have them look for obvious problems. Spark or fuel
    I call BS on a tune up after 40 hours

reDECKulous
    That is what I am thinking. I'm running a 24 right now... has a few small dings, but not enough for a 10mph loss. Where are you on the rpm's?
    What size prop?(24)
    They propped me wrong from the factory when I bought my boat so stranger things have happend. 4500 is way too low so you either have prop or motor issues.(You need to be as close to the limiter as you can without hitting it)
    I think you need to take it in for warranty and have them look for obvious problems. Spark or fuel
    I call BS on a tune up after 40 hours

Magic34
    You should be turning around 4900-5000 RPMs.
    Prop first, then look at the motor next. They should let you try a different prop. Are you turning a 24 now? Try another 24.
    55 MPH, hell I run that.

reDECKulous
    Yes, 24. For $100k I was hoping to do a little more than 55. Sometimes it takes me a while to plain out as well. Sometimes I'm up in 10 seconds... other times minutes... it's weird.

Music to my Ears
    I thought the same thing last weekend and it turned out to be a bad spark plug. Hopefully you'll be in the same boat - so to speak.

supremeWAXer
    5000 rpm 68 mph with a 24 prop on mine Big E . magic should let you try new prop.... what do you guys think a 22 would do
    Speedo
    Eric

ULTRA26 # 1
    Speedo
    Eric
    Brandin has the right idea.
    I too would suggest that you take the boat in and have the motor checked as I don't believe that it is running right. Also could be a drive alignment issue. 40 hours is way to soon to need a tune. Just my .02
    John M

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast